arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Does Anyone Else Get Bloating Relief From Phenergan?

bloating phenergan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 winter

winter

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Does anyone else get bloating relief from Phenergan? My bloating is considerably better since going gluten free, but I am still having occasional issues at almost 5 months gluten-free. Sometimes I can pinpoint that it might be CC, other times I can't figure it out. Does not seem to be dairy or soy. Anyway, Phenergan almost always helps majorly. I have lost as much of 8 pounds in a week of bloat by taking Phenergan a few times a week. The doctor says that it makes no sense that it would work for bloating, because it slows down the empyting of the stomach. I know it does, though, because I can actually lose weight by taking it, and my clothes can fit again. I always say it feels like someone took my stomach out and washed it and loved it and put it back. :) Just curious if anyone else has this same results from Phenergan, or can maybe tell me why it works.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Welcome Winter!

I've never taken Phenergan and cannot tell you why it works.

What I can tell you is the healing digestive system often reacts to things other than cross contamination of gluten and it can often seem gluten is everywhere -- I know that I blamed gluten for more than it's fair share of bloating during my first year gluten-free. Foods can simply be hard to digest. Often these are "one-off" reactions -- keeping a food/symptom log can help (including a level of bloat -- I described using correlation with 4-9 months pregnant - doesn't matter your descriptive terms -- scale of 1 to 10 also works great - just that you can understand your descriptions. Often this log will lead to other foods that may be causing you problems.

I hope someone else can answer your specific question :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: