2 replies to this topic

#1 Jrose3009

Jrose3009

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Ok, i have been gluten free now for 3 months due to thyroid issues and strange symptoms when i ingest it. My heart starts pounding i shake i get dizzy and when im completley gluten free for a couple weeks i fet calm, feel normal , iron levels come up and feel great. but sometimes like back when i ate it if i would eat toast and crackers for bfast first thing in the morning , id get extremley sick! for hours dizzy racing heart, cant think straight and feel like my eyes are swelling but by the end of the day i can eat gluten like at night and not much of a reaction at all to the same thing ? like my body builds an immunity to it through out the day or something? is this normal or just anxiety,? sometimes it races like to 130 for hours but no symptoms at night ? please someone maybe can help thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

My morning gluten reactions were always most noticeable for painin the mornings. I remember getting terrible stomach aches after eating waffles... I thought it was the syrup. Lol. It sounds like you probably need to stay gluten-free. Hope you feel better.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

HI,

It sounds like you have Hashimoto's Thyrioditis or Graves disease? Either one could cause symptoms like the racing heart, eyes feeling swollen. and other things you described. Graves is a condition where the thyroid puts out too much thyroid hormone and ramps up the body metabolism too much. Hashimoto's causes damage to the thyroid and can cause hyper-thyroid symptoms like graves, but it is usually intermittent with hypo-thyroid symptoms at times. Eventually the thyroid is destroyed and the person becomes hypo -thyroid all the time. Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease like celiac is, and they are sometimes found together.

Try a search on Hashimoto's and you will find lots of thjreads here about it. Several people on the forum have it. They test for TPO antibodies to determine if you have Hashimoto's. I am not surprised to hear it causes thyroid reactions when you eat gluten. There does seem to be a pretty strong link to thyroid issues and gluten.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: