Celiac.com 10/31/2019 - Craving chicken Parmesan, but don't wan't to go through the hassle of prep and cooking the traditional way? Then this gluten-free chicken Parmesan casserole is just the ticket. Easy to make, and impressively tasty, this casserole will get plenty of smiles.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 2½ cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups favorite gluten-free pasta, cooked
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or gluten-free panko
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
Heat oven to 350° F
In a large bowl combine sliced chicken, slightly under-cooked pasta, spinach, marinara sauce and 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
Mix well to combine.
Spread the pasta in a 8x8 casserole dish.
Spread breadcrumbs over pasta.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Cover casserole dish with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil, top with Mozzarella cheese, and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes for cheese to brown and casserole is bubbly.