The Sprue-Nik Press, published by the Tri-County Celiac Sprue Support Group, a chapter of CSA/USA, Inc. serving southeastern Michigan, Volume 7, Number 5, July/August 1998. Dr. Peter Ernst is Senior Scientist at the Dept. of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch. He is the son of Canadian Celiac Association (CCA) co-founder Kay Ernst, and is a celiac himself.
- Articles linking to this article: October is Celiac Awareness Month!
- Catholicism and Celiac Disease
- Are Celebrities Putting Too Much Glamor on Gluten-free Diet?
- Gluten-free Diet Now Fuels Tennis Star Andy Murray
- Hillary Clinton Celebrates 65th Birthday with Gluten-free Cake
- Can we Reliably Test Beer for Gluten?
- Fight Brews Over Gluten-free Beer Standards
- Gluten-free Djokovic Grabs Wimbledon Championship
Celiac.com's Founder and CEO, Scott was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1994, and, due to the nearly total lack of information available at that time, was forced to become an expert on the disease in order to recover. Scott launched the site that later became Celiac.com in 1995 "To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives." In 1998 he founded The Gluten-Free Mall which he sold in 2014. He is co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.