Vegan Cheesy Garlic Knots
1/2 cup almond flour (60g)
1/4 cup coconut flour (36g)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese sub (6oz)
6 tbsp virgin coconut oil , melted
1/4cup apple sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
3. In a large saucepan, melt cheese over low heat until it's melted and can be stirred together.
4. Add oil, apple sauce, and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour mixture until dough comes together (keep heat on low). It will still have some large streaks of cheese. Turn out dough onto a parchment-lined surface and kneed it a bit
5. Divide dough into 12-16 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 5-inch log and tie gently into a knot. Place on prepared baking sheet a few inches apart.
I often do this without the coating, and package them up, these freeze GREAT, you take them out wrap in a paper towel and zap for 30sec in the microwave. Always reheat them, the cheese inside will remelt and make them soft, hot cheezy bread. Love to just form them into little 3-4" logs and make mini cheesy bread sticks out of them. Daiya Cheese, and Julian Paleo Cheese also tested well, Try with different cheeses for different flavors >.> Colby Jack, Jalapeno Havarti and Smoked gouda from Daiya is glorious.
Coat with a garlic herb oil coating of
3tbsp virgin coconut oil melted
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp hemp vegan Parmesan or Parmesan grated fine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 dried rubbed parsley
5. Bake 15-20mins til golden
Feel free to coat with a bit more of the oil coating when done