Some people ask what I use for breading that is gluten and grain free. Here are my top 3
1bag of chips (I use https://eatprotes.com/products/chips as they are low carb the Zesty Nacho, BBQ, Chili & Lime and even the Toasted Coconut all have their own niche in breading foods)
1 cup Coconut Flour
2 cup almond or coconut milk
Meat, shrimp, Or even Vegan cheese cut into sticks
4 Bowls/bowl plates for the line
1. Put your chips in a food processor and pules til crumbed Put this in a bowl
2. Now prep your other bowls 1 with whisked eggs, 1 with the coconut flour, 1 with the milk,
3. Dip the item to be breaded in the milk, then dredge in the coconut flour, dip in eggs, then roll in the crumbed chips
4. Cook either deep fry, air fry, or bake in a oven to crisp/cook. (Oven 400-425F 15-20mins depending on item)
5. BONUS when done combine the leftovers from the bowls add in some some more milk if you need....you got hush puppies that are great fried in a bit of coconut oil.
Heavy Coconut breading (Fryer/Deep skillet and refined coconut oil fry)
This is perfect for cutting chicken into nuggets, fish nuggets, shrimp etc. Small pieces
5 tbsp (35g) coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt&Pepper to taste
2 tsp seasoning of choice (try http://bigaxespice.com/shop.html here, choose the blend for your dish)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (This can be skipped and just use the batter, I like the extra through with seafood)
1. Heat your oil to 325F
2. Whisk your eggs in a bowl
3. Now add in your coconut flour, baking powder, seasoning, salt & pepper, mix until smooth
4. In another bowl put your coconut flakes
5. Dip your food in the batter and mold it onto the item, roll in optional coconut flakes. dropping into the oil after
6. Flip once when the underside is golden, most foods will float up when done.
I found these store bought nut based breading crumbs by https://nutcrumbs.com/collections/all that work great with everything. Choose your flavor and go,
1/4cup of almond milk"
1-2 cups of the crumbs
1. Mix your eggs and milk in one bowl, and dump the crumbs in another
2. Dip your prepared meat, veggies (cauliflower, zucchini etc) in the egg mix then dredge in the crumbs
3. Cook how ever you want, baked, fried, etc use like you would in any recipe you have for gluten breading or panko.