Salmon Cakes, Grain Free Paleo
Bit inspired by a few of our members and limitations I decided to combo and modify a few recipes to make this one without garlic, or onion in the base cakes.
3 6oz cans Salmon drained, crumbled
2 tbsp Fresh Dill minced fine (6 grams)
4 Eggs whisked (Room Temperature)
1/4 cup (28g) Coconut Flour
1/4 cup (20g) shredded Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup (60g) Unrefined Coconut oil (Melted)
Black Pepper and Salt to taste (I omit salt)
2 tbsp coconut oil to fry them in
1. Whisk together your coconut flour, baking powder, shredded coconut, black pepper salt,
2. In another bowl mix your whisked eggs, coconut oil, salmon, and dill combining thoroughly with your hands or a spatula
3. Combine both bowls and mix well working like a meat loaf by hand.
4. Put in the fridge to set up for 30-60 mins,
5. Form into patties cooking 1-2 mins each side on medium heat adding more oil as needed between batches.
These pair well with ranch, ketchup, or dill sauce. I can provide recipes for sauces if needed