Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

answerseeker

Rash On Belly And Itchy Skin

the back of my neck itches like crazy, I asked my husband to check for a rash and he said it's red with small red spots.

I have a rash on my stomach that looks like red little pin pricks all over it, it itches like crazy too. I looked up DH pictures and it looks nothing like it, no blisters. But I've read that dh comes in different forms is this true? I snapped a pic to show my GI when I go to my appointment on Friday. the fact that it's on my belly seems to be related to what I eat. I have accidently ingested gluten 2 times in the last couple weeks and I could still very well be getting cc'd

Also, I am getting bruises that just seem to come from nowhere. Seriously I have 2-3 on me at a time. they are nasty looking too. very purple and noticable. I get allergy shots every week and now I get a bruise where they give me the shot and it takes weeks to heal (I've been getting shots for 6 months now and never had the bruising before)

Have your doctor check your vitamin levels. Especially K and C.  It could be DH especially if you have been glutened recently but gluten can give us many different skin problems. I get a very itchy scalp from shampoos with either gluten or soy perhaps you might want to make sure your shampoos are gluten free. If it doesn't clear up soon a trip to a derm will likely be more helpful than the GI doctor. Most GI doctors know nothing about celiac skin issues. If you think you are being repeatedly CC'd it is time to find out how so you can prevent it. By the way if your significant other is a gluten eater/drinker make sure they brush their teeth before kissing.