This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Paleo/primal

MycasMommy

MycasMommy Enthusiast

I did not initially look into this, it just turned out that how I was eating was called Primal.  The only difference between the two is that IF you are able to consume dairy products, primal is fine with it and some chocolate and/or wine here and there. They both eschew grains.  The only grain I CAN eat seemingly safely (without getting very sick) seems to be white rice.  I experimented with corn a few weeks ago and it was still a no go.  What I love is that I can still make (and even buy) grain free breads and make wonderful "pastas" that a so much more healthy anyway. I do not have a choice in skipping the pre made foods but I think I will probably not go back to it even if/when I am healed enough to handle corn anyway.  I just wont be so petrified to eat out! 

here is a great Primal resource and I have gone through all of the books too.  Its a full lifestyle change from food to exercise but I mostly just deal with the food portion. I feel so much better and mroe alive now that I may begin some sort of physical training though!

Open Original Shared Link

There are tons of Paleo places to visit too. These two things are surely very fad controlled but GREAT for people who cannot tolerate gluten nor corn nor any other grains.

I will have to dig up the websites to learn how to make a lot of types of noodles with the spiralizer (I LOVE THAT THING) as well as places like Against All Grain Open Original Shared Link

I am so..haha..."skilled" at making things Paleo/Primal now that I even enjoy The Pioneer Woman and the ease with which her recipes are adaptable. :D

• 4 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kurzemiete Explorer

That's great! 

I am happy for you that you are making it work :) 

My daughter and I have candida

and so we have to eat Paleo style as well as gluten-free (or mostly gluten-free) diet, combined.

It does get tricky (and the kind of meat we can afford is limited) to merge the two, when on a fixed income. 

Thanks for sharing.

Archived