Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
dia

+IgA -IgG --- not sure what that means?? thought igg had to be positive too

Rate this topic

hi, i just saw these results: i can not find information about +IgA -IgG , also seems that the +IgA is just over the index. does IgG need to be positive too?

for those of you that went on to the biopsy, thoughts? the pro's and con's? would you skip it and just seriously go gluten-free?

thank you !

Component Your Value Standard Range
TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IgG       0.25 Index        <=0.90 Index
Tissue transglutaminase IgA       1.32 Index <=0.90 Index

Edited by dia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Dia,

This link might help explain it.  Yes, TTG IgA is an indicator of celiac disease.  Only one antibody reaction is needed to cause damage in the gut.

http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/test-ttg.html

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul