Rate this topic

You show them and get a refund and leave, I have gotten poisoned at a few restaurants, they will in most cases bend over backwards to avoid a bad review or lawsuit. Same with food companies. I have 2 restaurants I trust a tad to not mess up 2 dishes, they have only gotten me sick once in the past 2 years and they told me I did not have to pay and offered me gift card for my next visit which I declined. As for testing the nima I saw it being used and shown at a local gluten free Expo.

I have pre-ordered a NIMA, and is waiting for its arrival.   Supposedly soon.

When we go to unfamiliar restaurants, I always bring backup dinner for my celiac daughter.   If the restaurant does not have gluten free meals, or does not seem confident with their gluten free meals, then my daughter will eat the meal that we brought from home.   If the restaurant surprise us with a gluten free menu, then we order from the menu.

So, when the Nima becomes available.   We plan to continue to bring her a backup meal, if the plate tested positive for gluten.   My daughter will eat our backup meal, and hopefully, the restaurant will give us a refund for her dinner.   If negative, then my daughter will enjoy her restaurant meal.

Sometimes, our family is out eating with other people, so it is hard to just get up and leave if the restaurant can not accommodate my daughter's dietary restrictions, so a back up home cooked meal is always handy, and removes stress when eating out.

We just received our Nima two days ago.  

It is very fast and easy to use.   You put a small food sample into the capsule, push a button, wait 2 to 3 minutes for results.   It is very compact and cute looking.   Easy to carry in a purse for going out.

So far, I have tested Nima twice against known samples.   A regular wheat flour cookie tested positive for gluten.   The gluten free chicken I baked (my kitchen is gluten free) tested negative for gluten.

But this Nima does have its limitations.   It can not detect gluten from fermented foods, such as soy sauce, beer, vinegar.   Bummer,  we still need to quiz the wait staff on these ingredients.

We love it.