Ennis_TX

Grain Free Vegan Apple Pie Bar Idea

Rate this topic

Working a modifying a recipe to be both Vegan and Grain free. I am a bit low on funds right now and can not test it. Feed back is welcome and if you do it perhaps  get me a grams breakdown for duplication.

1 cup almond flour
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoons apple pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup almond butter
½ cup Maple/Agave
2 Tablespoons soft coconut oil
2 Tablespoons Ground Flax Seed combined with 5 table spoons water whisked and set aside
1 medium apple, diced small (about 1¼ cups)
1 cup chopped pecans
¼ cup flax seeds

Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Add the applesauce, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and ground flax mixture. Beat with a mixer until everything is incorporated.
Stir in the diced apple, pecans, and flax seeds.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25min