Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrissy

Even People Who"know" Don't Know

Or, "Gluten intolerance, huh? My mom is lactose intolerant and she eats ice cream anyway." Love that one.

I find oftentimes that I tell people, inaccurately, that I have a wheat allergy. I've found that I don't get as many asinine questions (What happens when you eat gluten?) or dumb comments (gluten is like fat, right?)

Anyone else fudge the truth a little?

Oh yes, I definitely say "wheat allergy" when dining out. I know we should be out there "educating" the public correctly but when my health is at stake, I do whatever it takes to stay gluten free!

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I’m at kind of a loss here. My 6 year olds tTg IgA was >250 but his GI says his biopsy was negative. Has any had this happen? We made sure he was eating gluten up until the procedure. The Doctor says a gluten free diet may still be beneficial. ...
    Hi JesLin! How was your trip? did you do well with the gluten free issue? I'm thinking in a trip to Nepal and Tibet also and I'm a little worry about the Tibet part. Could you please give me some advices? Thanks! Lorena ...
    My daughter has Celiac disease and has been using a Nina sensor for the past two and a half years. I am a huge supporter of the sensor and feel like it has made a big difference in my daughter’s quality of life, and has certainly saved her f...