This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Just A Bit Of Sadistic Fun...

elye

elye Community Regular

Okay, guys, on the lighter side....

You've suddenly been given a reprieve from this yucky condition...a big magic fairy has descended, and allowed you to have ONE gluten-infested meal with no intestinal damage or symptoms of any kind. You only have this for ONE meal, then your condition will come back. So, what would you choose to eat? Ahhh, it's so nice to dream...I have no trouble with this one; I don't even need to think about it, as it's always in my dreams: FETTUCINE ALFREDO, A PINT OF CARLSBURG LIGHT AND...(dessert is a tough one as I'm also a type one diabetic)...A CHOCOLATE BROWNIE MADE WITH SPLENDA. Come on and dream with me...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rusla Enthusiast

This is tough. I guess I would have Chinese food with fat schezwan noodles and lots of dumplings, ginger fried chicken and a big fat piece of chocolate cake.

However if it was my last two meals on death row, then I will have pizza and Chinese food with the chocolate cake.

mookie03 Contributor

mmmm... if it was dinnertime, probably chinese food- sesame chicken w/ broccoli, an egg roll, and then for dessert, id have a slice of entenmanns choc chip creme filled cake (grew up on the stuff, SOOO good).

If it were breakfast time, NO CONTEST- Bacon egg and cheese on a honey WHOLE WHEAT bagel, with a slice of entenmanns choc chip creme filled cake :P I sooo miss honey whole wheat bagels! (umm, and cake...)

jerseyangel Proficient

Keep in mind, I also can't do dairy--

Salad with Good Seasons Dressing and big, garlicky homemade croutons

Home made lazagne w/ meatballs--the real thing, topped with lots of Locatelli Romano cheese

Columbus Bakery Bread (a bakery in my hometown) with butter

Sara Lee French Cheesecake w/ hot fudge sauce

Gonna go have a good cry now......

StrongerToday Enthusiast

Touch choice... either a Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza (which is so funny, I rarely ate it before but it's the one food I dream about) OR the Gnocchi Sorrento and garlic bread made by the little straight-from-Italy Italian guy's hole in the wall place near my house. And a chocolate shake!!

Drool...

cgilsing Enthusiast

oooo....there are so many possibilities! I would start with an appitizer of crab rangoon, egg rolls, cheese sticks, and brushetta. Then I would move on to french onion soup with lots of croutons on top. For the main course I would eat ravioli with red sauce and a side order of fried mushrooms. For dessert it would HAVE to be a great big piece of baklava! (sp?) And I would wash it all down with a Miller Light!

Felidae Enthusiast

Fish and Chips and a couple of pints of beer. Maybe some pie and whipped cream for dessert. (I can't eat dairy either) It is hard just to pick one meal.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

A.M -- Biscuits and Gravy -- no question

P.M. -- Carne Asada Burrito.....or KFC (I'm so trashy with my selections, but I really miss em..)

Dessert -- One Steaming Hot Krispy Kreme Donut (sniff,sniff)

StrongerToday Enthusiast

I forgot breakfast - a Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit from McD's... oh, ok 2 of them then :D

cgilsing Enthusiast

oh yeah breakfast! I want a cheese pastry of some sort...I'm not really picky about what kind of pastry, but if I only get one of them I want it to be a nice fresh one...right out of the oven!

I like the KFC idea too! If I get to fit lunch in the midddle I would definatly have to go for the KFC! :P

VydorScope Proficient

Esay.

PIZZA

fisharefriendsnotfood Apprentice

Keep in mind that I haven't had any gluten since I was two, so you may not agree with my selections since even I have never tried them...

Breakfast - A hot, fresh bagel and big banana nut muffin

Lunch - PIZZA. I would love to know what gluteny pizza tastes like, and I would have real, deep fried chicken fingers after

Dinner - Hmmm. Hard one. I think really good pasta, like ravioli or something from a really expensive good restaurant with a complicated sauce that tastes amazingly good.

Dessert - Everything. I'm not even going to choose now.

-Jackie :)

Guest nini

I love this!

breakfast would be 2 bacon egg and cheese biscuits from McDonalds and an egg mcmuffin

lunch would be Taco Bell all the way! Enchiritos, Mexican Pizza, Bean Burritos, Soft Tacos YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

dinner would be from Caraguilo's restaurant in Sarasota Fl... Foccaccia Bread, Ravioli with meat sauce, Garlic Cheese Bread

and for dessert of course would be a steaming hot Krispy Kreme donut (or two or three)...

I would be a stuffed puppy!!!!!

(now I think I need a good cry too)

mouse Enthusiast

Breakfast would be an egg and bacon cruisant or maybe two or three. And several cups of hot chocolate (remember allergy to casein)

Lunch would be Spuds Fish and Chips (on Alki in Seattle) double order

Dinner would be Spuds Fish and Chips plus the shrimp. Of course both are double orders. Oh! and then I almost forgot a cup of clam chowder to start.

Who cares about desert if I could have the lunch and dinner :blink::lol:

Guest Viola

Breakfast ... Crepes topped with strawberries and whip cream

Lunch ... KFC ... it's been years since I've had that.

Supper ... The whole Chinese Smorg :P

Dessert ... Apple pie alamode

Boy, this is a cruel thread :o:lol:

skoki-mom Explorer

Ooooooohhhhhhhh.............................I spend days dreaming about this!!!

Breakfast......Pancakes! At either IHOP or DeDutch Pannekook House. Lots of them. Stacked a mile high.

If it was lunch............

A burger from Peter's Drive In.

Dinner.......

OMG, this is a hard one! Crispy fried skinny chow mein noodles, fried rice, sweet and sour pork, egg rolls, cashew chicken.......

Dessert.......

My very own made from scratch chocolate cake. I'd eat the whole entire pan. Since I only get to indulge for one meal, maybe I better make 2 pans, and eat dessert first....................

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Korma Curry from the Churchhill Arms. I would get vegetable Korma with pita bread and rice.

Pizza Delight pizza, with extra sauce, roasted chicken, red peppers, and tomatoes.

Strawberry creps with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.

mmmmmmmmmm

elye Community Regular
Breakfast ... Crepes topped with strawberries and whip cream

Lunch ... KFC ... it's been years since I've had that.

Supper ... The whole Chinese Smorg :P

Dessert ... Apple pie alamode

Boy, this is a cruel thread :o:lol:

I know, I know...my apologies, but I thought it may be kind of a relief to have others wallowing in this exhilerating, agonizing dream along with me...

I'm gonna add to my fettuccine/beer/brownie feast...I want a starter caesar salad with huge, greasy croutons sitting on top...

Guest nini

since you are adding to your "feast" I would like to add a Pizza delivered from Papa Johns with all the gooey cheese and yummy toppings and garlic butter and pepperoncinis!!! LOL

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I would have beer batter fryed shrimp with a side order of onion rings. I would make them (magic fairies, right?) get me a loaf of real sourdough bread and a loaf of crusty italian warm with a stick of fresh butter for dessert. Oh and I would was it all down with a coooold frosty mug of beer.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I'm not sure if this is fun or depressing but here we go:

Breakfast - Toasted English muffin with a little bit of butter with and egg white and cheese. And a couple blueberry pancakes (real blueberries though, not that gross compote stuff).

Lunch - Chicken Parmigiana on Garlic Bread with Chocolate Cake from Boston Market

Dinner - A mixture of Chinese food. Steamed Pork Dumplings with that dipping sauce, Sesame Chicken, Chicken with String Beans and Beef with Brocoli

Dessert - Entemans Chocolate Frosted Donut

Pegster Apprentice

Cajun Chicken Littles from the Cheesecake Factory, with Oreo Cheesecake for desert.

:D:D:D

cgilsing Enthusiast

I have noticed that a lot of you have a dream of once again eating Chinese food. We make a really great gluten-free Chinese dinner at home (I have served it at dinner parties to non-gluten-free guest and they all LOVED it). I would be more than willing to share my recipes for sweet and sour pork, egg rolls, and fried rice if you guys are interested!

lpellegr Collaborator

Sadist! Start with 4 glazed donuts and a pile of buttery, greasy croissants, and a butter-soaked toasted english muffin and a whole box of Cheerios (I used to eat 3 bowls every morning)! That should hold me till mid-morning. Then on to the KFC fried chicken (we're not going for healthy on this day) and french fries from every fast food restaurant in the area. And a dozen crunchy Taco Bell taco supremes. Then on to snack time: A whole bag of Splits pretzels (those of you not in the Pennsylvania area don't know what you're missing) and all of my grandmother's homemade pie and cookie recipes, followed by a loaf of her Dutch potato bread with buttercream icing. Dinner would be every breaded, fried recipe my family ever made and a big bowl of buttered egg noodles. Triscuits with apples and cheese for bedtime snack. We now return you to your regularly scheduled depressing diet. :P

zakismom Newbie

I can't decide. All of the suggestions so far sound wonderful. My coworkers had a crispini pizza thing from Panera today so I might have to go for that :rolleyes: But then again fried chicken, regular toast, fettucine, doughnuts....With my luck by the time I decided the "magic" would have worn off! :D

Archived