Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

2 2
farukhcasy2

Dealing with excessive (and disruptive) gas when glutened???

Rate this topic

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else out there also has to deal with just excessive gas for days/weeks after being glutened... and how you deal with it? I’m currently sitting on reddit at 5am, unable to sleep because I keep having to burp! It’s such a weird and annoying thing to keep me awake at night. It only really seems to happen at night when I try to go to sleep... anyone out there share the same experience or have tips on how to deal with this? TIA! 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sure other members have some good suggestions, but I also have autoimmune gastritis.  When it is flaring,  find it best to sleep elevated.  I bought a wedge pillow and that helps.  We also have a recliner chair, so I can use that as well.  

The best solution is to avoid gluten at all costs.  What does that mean for me?  No eating out unless it is a dedicated gluten-free restaurant.  Eating real food and avoiding processed food, even gluten-free processed foods.  I eat things like rice, meats, fish, fruit, veggies, etc.  I have also identified food intolerances.  No mushrooms, onions, garlic, Xanthan Gum or nuts (IGE allergies).  I was lactose intolerant m but that resolved once I went gluten free.  Keep a journal.  My house is also gluten free.  Oddly, my husband had been gluten free for 12 years prior to my diagnosis.  So, it was easy to do that.  But if not, create safe kitchen practices.  Did you know that your spouse can kiss you and gluten you?  Have them brush their teeth before kissing you.  

Lots of things to learn, but you can do it.  Your other post indicated that you were pregnant.  Get healthy now, so you can enjoy your baby.  I am so excited for you!  My baby is an adult.  Time flies.  So enjoy every second.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter