Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara3675@verizon.net

Olive Garden

My husband likes the Olive Garden for their pasta varieties, but why can't they have a few gluten free pasta choices for those of us who are gluten intolerant, have celiac's, etc.? There are so many great rice pastas, it would be nice if they would broaden their gluten free menu a little bit.

Join eNewsletter

I have had the mixed grill and the salmon from the gluten free menu with no problems. I ordered the penne pasta dish and did not like it at all. The sauce was watery and the pasta was not cooked thoroughly but that might well have just been at this particular restaurant.

Sometime when I have the extra money I'll order one of the steaks. :)

Join eNewsletter

My bff is a mgr for OG and I've found it to be safe. She told me that the pasta dish they had was terrible. She said it's like a TV dinner. I was fine with the salad without croutons but I don't think my sensitivity is as harsh as some people. She also said that the end of this month, they're rolling out a new gluten-free menu that has more pasta choices that are better and safely prepared. It's kind of nice for me cause I feel 100% safe there!

Molly

dx: celiac sprue 6/7/2011 via blood test and biopsy

gluten-free: 6/7/2011

Join eNewsletter

My bff is a mgr for OG and I've found it to be safe. She told me that the pasta dish they had was terrible. She said it's like a TV dinner. I was fine with the salad without croutons but I don't think my sensitivity is as harsh as some people. She also said that the end of this month, they're rolling out a new gluten-free menu that has more pasta choices that are better and safely prepared. It's kind of nice for me cause I feel 100% safe there!

Here, Here to Olive Garden for making an effort!!!! :D

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter