This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
Dear CarlaB,

Thanks a lot! I think I have been on Lyme net before. You know, it is amazing how much you can find! I recall a medical mysteries special I took notes on the other week about a teen suffering from excruciating chronic pain. It turned out it was Lyme, though she had been tested for it previously.

The results had been negative, but after seeing a specific doctor named by another girl she met with the exact same symptoms, and a similar story, she convinced her parents to contact him. I wrote his name down. I will check my notes. The caffeine is something I can do on my own. You see, I also eat chocolate pretty much daily. I need to start watching it! That should help!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl, you might try supplementing magnesium to get off the chocolate. Chocolate cravings are a sign of a magnesium deficiency. It won't hurt you to take it, so you might try it. It helped my daughter with her chocolate cravings.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MissMeliss169 Newbie
Miss Meliss:

If you are super sensitive, note that veggies and meat aren't necessarily safe. Even organic foods can be sprayed with corn derivatives (organic, of course!). I didn't realize that and kept reacting. So make sure to rinse and scrub everything :)

Even many rices are enriched with corn but Lundberg farms Rice is safe.

The sites that Donna posted are great. I was corn free for a few months and it was really helpful.

Thanks for the tips, I am getting a lot of great responses here and that is so wonderful. I am hoping that someday I will be able to introduce some of these things back into my diet, they want me to stay on this hypo-allergenic diet for atleast 6 months. Who knows, maybe by then I won't even miss all the other stuff that I can't eat right now =)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I read a comment on Lymenet yesterday that made me think of you. It said that if a person went to an LLMD, the doc would rule out everything before diagnosing Lyme. It's not like they diagnose everyone with Lyme as some people claim.

Even though my test was VERY positive, I'm still getting tested for thyroid, heavy metals, cortisol, etc. They are thorough.

After reading that, I thought that's what your doctor is doing ... just being thorough. He has to rule out everything else since your test was not positive, but there were significant bands.

I don't have joint pain either. I DID have it, but now it only pops up once in a while, but not often. I do get muscle cramping though, and severe brain fog (from the babesia I would imagine).

Just a note about avocados .... you cannot feed a bird and avocado because the fleshy part near the seed and near the skin have a poison that will kill the bird. Maybe that's what you're reacting to. Chocolate is the other no-no for birds.

dlp252 Apprentice
Hey does anyone eat the food for life brown rice tortillas I am thinking about trying them

I think I might be the only one who didn't love these, lol. I think I just didn't figure out how to prepare them correctly though. I may still have some in the freezer, but it will be a while now before I can try one again. :(

Rachel-

don't expect him to coddle me but god I could use some cooddling right now

So sorry your appointment didn't go better! I wish doctors had a sixth sense about these kinds of things. I think even the best intentioned doctors are so focused sometimes that they just can't see what we really need or hear what we are really saying.

Thanks for the tips, I am getting a lot of great responses here and that is so wonderful. I am hoping that someday I will be able to introduce some of these things back into my diet, they want me to stay on this hypo-allergenic diet for atleast 6 months. Who knows, maybe by then I won't even miss all the other stuff that I can't eat right now =)

I think all of us have that same hope, lol!!! I am really hopeful that someday I can at least eat avocados again!! :lol:

Very interesting BioSET installment!! ART sounds really great, and it's great that Scott can do the testing...I wonder how long his list is....

Well, today is day 5 of the candida diet, and I have to say that I feel pretty good. I haven't had any die off symptoms yet, but I'm also not taking any anti-fungals either. I wanted to get the diet down first then I'll add in a couple of natural anti-fungals. I've lost 5 pounds since Friday (this is not a bad thing for me though, lol), probably mostly water, but I'll take it. I DO expect that once I start antifungals I'll probably have some bad days...right now my worst symptom is a little achyness behind the eyes.

I think my adrenals are starting to come back too. Yesterday I had so much energy left after a walk on the treadmill that it surprised me...that hasn't happened in a long time (excess energy AFTER a workout).

So yesterday I added a tiny bit of coconut oil to my green beans as they cooked...I felt a bit of gassyness and some noisy bowels after dinner (I ate what I've been eating all week for dinner, so nothing new except the coconut oil). I started thinking mild die-off...then this morning my BM had some "tissue" looking stuff...kind of mucusy I guess. Could that be die-off??? I don't remember that happening when I did the diet a few years ago, and really, I didn't eat very much coconut oil...maybe half a tablespoon, cuz I'm trying to keep my fats down until I get treated for them at BioSET.

happygirl Collaborator

x

dlp252 Apprentice
x?

Sorry, I've seen this discussed a couple of times in my reading over the last couple of days, but I couldn't find a link. It's mostly in discussions I've read regarding candida and mercury...I'll post one if I can find it.

dlp252 Apprentice

You probably found these already, but I thought I'd post anyway:

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

Thanks, Donna! :)

AndreaB Contributor

Mia,

Hugs!

Rachel,

I didn't finish reading last night as the little one woke up. I did read about your appointment, not the ART. I hope Scott will be able to get you worked in and tested.

Donna,

Glad you are getting some energy back!

Hi to everyone else! I'm still reading along.

My dad has a mass in his abdomin that needs to be biopsied. Don't know when that will happen. Other than that things are going pretty much the same. Still need to work on not being up so late. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
My dad has a mass in his abdomin that needs to be biopsied. Don't know when that will happen. Other than that things are going pretty much the same. Still need to work on not being up so late. :)

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that! Will pray it's nothing serious!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I read a comment on Lymenet yesterday that made me think of you. It said that if a person went to an LLMD, the doc would rule out everything before diagnosing Lyme. It's not like they diagnose everyone with Lyme as some people claim.

Carla, By the time I went to the LLMD....there wasnt really much left to rule out. Basically just Lyme and Mercury.

I've had every test imaginable over the last 4 years....of course never finding anything wrong. <_<

As far as mercury...I'd had hair analysis, bloodwork, urine testing and antibody testing. My levels were always normal. :huh:

The hair analysis showed elevated cadmium. I think that could be creating alot of my toxicity. I smoked for alot of years and probably wasnt detoxing well after I got Lyme and things started building up.

I had a whole stack of test results.....(both traditional and non-traditional)....when I went to my first appt. He was really happy that so many tests had been done....it was helpful and allowed for us to move forward. He was confidant that its not cancer or anything like that.

So thats why he was able to focus on the stuff that *doesnt* show up in mainstream tests .....everything had already been ruled out.

I think this is the case for *most* patients that the LLMD sees....they've already made the rounds and by the time the LLMD sees them.....most things have been ruled out.

So far the only other testing the LLMD has done was for vit/min deficiencies and the tests for viruses and other infections.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
After reading that, I thought that's what your doctor is doing ... just being thorough. He has to rule out everything else since your test was not positive, but there were significant bands.

The Dr. isnt trying to rule anything else out. He says I have Lyme. I guess I'm the only one who's doubtful and wants more proof. <_<

The Dr. already said back in October that I have Lyme.....he just wont put me on antibiotics until other problems are addressed and I'm in better shape with my liver.

Just a note about avocados .... you cannot feed a bird and avocado because the fleshy part near the seed and near the skin have a poison that will kill the bird. Maybe that's what you're reacting to. Chocolate is the other no-no for birds.

I know you have birds (what kind?).....I have a Sun Conure.

Yeah....its true that chocolate and avocado will kill a bird...I never knew exactly why though. :unsure:

When I first got my bird I was told to never give her either of those but they never told me why.

She was cute....I was working at PetsMart part-time and she was one of the hand-fed babies we got in. I ended up buying her....she was all fuzzy cuz she was new. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea....sorry about your dad. :(

Hope everything turns out to be ok.

CarlaB Enthusiast
The Dr. isnt trying to rule anything else out. He says I have Lyme. I guess I'm the only one who's doubtful and wants more proof. <_<

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I thought your doc still wasn't convinced either!!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Rachel,

Since you have candida, I was wanting to ask you about a body odor issue. I recall your garlic sauna experience, LOL! My body odor is so strong, it actually smells like onion or garlic, even when I have not eaten any! My feet actually smell like vinegar! Is this common with candida? If not, what else could cause this? This is awful to deal with, because no matter how much I bathe, nothing seems to completely get rid of it. I am so afraid everyone will smell it on me!

It could be from the candida. Candida produces alot of toxins that overwhelm the liver. I used to have weird body odor but it cleared up after I switched to a clean diet. Some of the things your eating might be contributing.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I thought your doc still wasn't convinced either!!!

Nope....its just me. :ph34r:

I'm not easily convinced...I need to *see* the spirochetes. Then I will believe. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
I know you have birds (what kind?).....I have a Sun Conure.

Yeah....its true that chocolate and avocado will kill a bird...I never knew exactly why though. :unsure:

When I first got my bird I was told to never give her either of those but they never told me why.

She was cute....I was working at PetsMart part-time and she was one of the hand-fed babies we got in. I ended up buying her....she was all fuzzy cuz she was new. :)

Sun conures are beautiful!! Where does she live -- at your mom's or at your house?

I have a goffin cockatoo. He looks like Open Original Shared Link. Adam has a Hahn's Macaw that looks like Open Original Shared Link. My bird loves to be held and cuddled, which is why I got a cockatoo.

Two of my daughters have birds, too, a parakeet and a cockatiel. One daughter has a hampster. It's definately a full house!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Andrea, how is your dad doing with the rest of his health issues?

CarlaB Enthusiast
Nope....its just me. :ph34r:

I'm not easily convinced...I need to *see* the spirochetes. Then I will believe. :P

Hmm, do they do that kind of testing?? :lol: There is a video of some spirochetes on canlyme that were filmed in someone's skin. I have no idea how they did that, but it's a pretty interesting video. I found it today ... I was trying to research what it means to be Igg positve, but Igm negative. I know it means I have Lyme, and from what I've read it's pretty rare ... one doctor said that out of over 1000 patients, only 3 or 4 have had that result. Dr. H. said usually Igm was the one that was usually positive, too.

diamondheart Newbie
I am avoiding corn too, but mostly because of a candida issue.

Welcome Melissa!

So, what's the connection between corn and candida, besides the carbs/starch :huh: ?

Hey does anyone eat the food for life brown rice tortillas I am thinking about trying them

I like them, but they took some getting used to. I usually put a little bit of water on them and heat them up in a pan. They taste better this way. I don't even like to eat corn tortillas anymore.

Miamia, sorry to hear about your doctor's appointment. I hate unsympathetic doctors :angry: .

The doctor did not say anything was abnormal other than a rapid heartbeat. Does that really mean anything? I am worried. Of course, it may be Lyme... Congenital heart defects (especially electrical ones) are very dangerous. I am surprised they did not decide to implant a pacemaker in you. I know nutritional deficiencies could be to blame.

You got some good ideas about cutting out caffeine and chocolate. I can't have any kind of stimulants of any kind. They make my heart beat fast! I have supraventricular tachycardia (just a fancy way of saying my heart beats fast sometimes) and maybe mitral valve prolapse. I've been to several cardiologists at a young age, which initially freaked me out. I've had this for over 20 years. My first episode was after I had a cigarette as a teenage, I think :rolleyes: . After I started taking magnesium regularly, the fast heartbeats cleared up. It's really not a big deal, and it's kind of a blessing in disguise. My heart is my barometer for when I'm not taking care of myself. When I've had other nutritional deficiencies, its also shown up as heart palpitations. Stress will also set it off. I'm just glad I don't have to take any medication for it anymore :) .

Then found out I have Sjogren's Syndrome.

Welcome! My aunt has Sjogren's syndrome too. I don't want to get it, and I think there is some kind of genetic link? Does the Sjogren's cause the food intolerances?

I gotta try to learn more about ART....

Rachel, interesting info about the mold. The only acronymn I know for ART is Advanced Reproductive Technology, which I'll be embarking on soon. Sure wish I could get pregnant the old fashion way <_< .

Claire

dlp252 Apprentice
So, what's the connection between corn and candida, besides the carbs/starch?

Mold I think. Besides the carbs/starch, corn has a mold issue thing like peanuts.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Mold I think. Besides the carbs/starch, corn has a mold issue thing like peanuts.

Yup...corn is full of mold and mycotoxins. Actually all grains are but corn is the worst of the bunch.

Candida feeds off of molds and mycotoxins.

Here are some foods conatining alot of mycotoxins....

Mycotoxins

Aflatoxin: One of the most potent carcinogens known. It occurs in beer, peanuts, brazil nuts, bulk grains and bread (more than a few days old), overripe fruit and apple cider vinegar (is especially bad). One hefty dose of aflatoxin can debilitate the liver for years. Thus losing it's ability to detoxify.

Patulin: A deadly mycotoxin. That is associated with cancer. It occurs in overripe apples and other overripe fruits.

Zearalenone: A corn mold mycotoxin. It occurs in brown rice, popcorn, corn chips and other corn products.

Ergot: Associated with cancer and occurs in whole grain products, honey and alcoholic beverages.

The importance of the above-mentioned mycotoxins is they can further weaken your immune system. They are actually used as food by candida albicans thus making matters even worse. If you are sick. You should avoid these foods if at all possible.

Learning about mold/mycotoxins through my BioSET results has answered so many questions for me.

Now I know why I have such heinous reactions to honey, cheese, brown rice, nuts and so many other things. There had to be some sort of connection....now I know what it is. One more piece to the puzzle. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

The top 10 list of mycotoxin containing foods....

1. Alcoholic beverages

Alcohol is the mycotoxin of the Saccharomyces yeast--brewer

Rachel--24 Collaborator

YAY!!

I'm scheduled for the ART testing. :D

Scott (the betterhealthguy) just called me and I'm set for the 10th.....so not too long of a wait. :)

He said to bring all my supplements and prescriptions so that he can test them and also I cant take anything for 48 hrs. before the test....so that it doesnt interfere.

He's gonna email me next week with more info. He said he will be testing for lots of infections but we'll talk about stuff before we get started. COOL....the more I can learn about what is going on the better. I'm excited. :D

miamia Rookie
YAY!!

I'm scheduled for the ART testing. :D

Scott (the betterhealthguy) just called me and I'm set for the 10th.....so not too long of a wait. :)

He said to bring all my supplements and prescriptions so that he can test them and also I cant take anything for 48 hrs. before the test....so that it doesnt interfere.

He's gonna email me next week with more info. He said he will be testing for lots of infections but we'll talk about stuff before we get started. COOL....the more I can learn about what is going on the better. I'm excited. :D

ok rachel i was just gonna post that i called my doctor about the art test and the women who works fo rhim called me andsaid he thought it was a good idea for me. I am seeing him tomorrow for my shot and we are going to talk about it then. I got info on it and found someone close to me that does it and the main doc trained with the guy who invented it or whatever so it seems pretty reputable. Hopefully i will find out more info tomorrow. I am so glad you already have an appt set up.

Miamia

Archived