This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Removal of particularly gliadin and casein from the diet will produce temporary relief of some of the symptoms.

I find this statement to really have merit.

When there is leaky gut (without Celiac) these proteins are going to cause reaction in ANYONE....no doubt about it.

Yes.....we feel TONS better on the diet because these proteins arent setting off the immune system. This doesn not mean that we are *better*. If we do challenge and eat gluten....we will still react because the gut is still leaky, candida is still there.....whatever caused the problem to begin with is not fixed.

This is why people only get *somewhat* better after eliminating gluten. Its not the end of the story.....but yeah...you'll feel a heck of alot better w/out eating it.

This is why people who dont have Celiac need to keep looking for answers....the majority of people like me and Carla (who do not have Celiac)....do not get better and still suffer symptoms and food intolerance.

Rinne!!!!!

I've been thinking about you ALOT lately. So glad you posted!

I have to go back to work now but I'm happy that you posted. :)

Be back later.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I'm sure there are many factors that contribute. When you've been sick for a long time, it's going to be complicated getting better.

I have not had those tests, but my LLMD could have done them, I don't know. He took a lot of blood for various tests.

What I'm thinking as far as the immune response is, not that I have no problem whatsoever with gluten, but that the number's so high because my immune system is so overactive. I think in the end, I'll still avoid gluten entirely, but it sure would be nice to not have to worry about exactly what ingredients are in the broth on my steak, or if my food is going to be contaminated because it's a restaurant that doesn't know anything about gluten-free food preparation. Since we don't eat out every day, that wouldn't be an every day thing.

I actually didn't have the antibodies in my bloodwork, only the stool sample. Makes me wonder if you need to have a leaky gut for Enterolab to be positive.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I looked up dysbiosis because I didn't know what it was and found this about Candida:

When Dr. Crook was in Colorado in 1995, I heard him speak to a group of health professionals, and the question of the best diet for candidiasis was raised. Dr. Crook said that, in his many years of experience, the only absolute he had determined to be essential for the diet was that sugar had to be avoided. He said that all the Nystatin
CarlaB Enthusiast
Also, have you ever had a test to check if you have dysbiosis or not? Parasites...stuff like that??

Since this is a stool test, I know I wasn't tested for it ... I would have remembered that! :lol: I don't think this is a problem for me. Without the test I don't know for sure, but I have no digestive issues anymore. I don't have any sign of a candida problem ... as far as the protozoas, the meds I'm on will kill them because babesia is a protozoa ... the bacteria -- I've taken probiotics and drank kifir for years and years. I also eat a lot of fiber rich veggies, so I don't think that's a problem either. I've been aware of candida issues since 1991, so I've been on a healthy diet since then, one which addresses candida and promotes good bacteria.

Now, as I'm on so many meds, we'll be watching to be sure I don't develop problems!

Just to clarify, I wasn't thinking of testing to see if barley and rye cause a problem NOW, I was thinking down the line when I'm healthy!! ;) I KNOW wheat causes trouble, I've avoided it for almost 5 years now after an elimination diet. I haven't even had the guts to try gluten-free oats! Though I'm thinking of it ...

dlp252 Apprentice

Hi Rinne!!! WElcome back!

Thanks for the info Rachel...I had already almost convinced myself I needed ART, lol, and now this! :P

evie Rookie

[rinne... I went back trying to find your post/ no luck 'scary out there'. So glad to hear from you!! I had been telling myself I should start asking about you here or on DS. Procrastinator I am but maybe it was telepathy between us!!!! <_< . hope you will soon be feeling lots better and add your 2 cents worth even more, you have had some very good posts.

I used to have bad FM but so much better now..have no idea why..just thankful!! :rolleyes: I am getting stronger slowly, been thru a lot and have a lot to overcome yet. Took me a bit over 2 months to be rid of the c diff (record for my age), but the colitis was very bad but getting bettr too.

Get better soon!! evie

diamondheart Newbie
I'm hoping it's nothing but he does have prostate cancer that has spread so this could be part of it. We heard through reliable sources that he's terminal, but prayer is appreciated.

Andrea, sorry to hear about your Dad. Where's the little huggie smilie faces when you need them?

Rachel, thanks for the info on metal detox. I asked Dr. F about it last time I saw him, and he told me my testing options. He said that I should probably have my amalgams removed at some point, but I didn't have to do it now. It's going to have to wait until after I get pregnant. I don't have much more time in that department <_< . I'll be going through some heinous testing in the next month - at least I hope it's not too bad :unsure: .

Has anyone looked into Iodine? I've been reading a little about iodine deficiency, enough to know I should read more as it appears there is a connection between fibroids in the breast tissue and a lack of iodine. I was wondering whether there might be a connection to uterine fibroids, which I have.

Hi Rinne, I had uterine fibroids too (removed last April), but I haven't heard anything about the connection between iodine and them specifically. However, I think that iodine could indirectly be connected since iodine would affect the thyroid, which would affect the production of the female hormones. All the hormone systems are related, so if one is out of balance, it's possible the others would go whacky as well. I have taken some iodine supplements and thyroid supplements over the years as I've needed it, usually when I felt depressed. I think the depression was in part affected by the leaky gut. I started my whole journey with the uterine fibroids and abnormal uterine bleeding. That's how I found out about all my food intolerances, when I went to an acupuncturist for treatment. My depression cleared up when I eliminated all the foods I was intolerant to, but I didn't want to be on a limited diet forever. Hence, I sought out another acupuncturist to heal the leaky gut.

Removal of particularly gliadin and casein from the diet will produce temporary relief of some of the symptoms. After three months gliadin and casein should be reintroduced and the Intestinal Permeability Evaluation #2330 repeated one month after the reintroduction of casein and gliadin. If the IgA antibodies have disappeared then the intestinal permeability has been cured.

This doesn't make sense. After you stop eating casein and gliadin, you stop producing the antibodies to them. It does not mean, however, that your leaky gut has healed or that your body hasn't forgotten to recognize those proteins as invaders. That was the case with me. I didn't have any antibodies to gliadin or casein after eliminating them for 7 months, but they still showed up as a problem on the BioSET testing.

I wonder what it is about gluten and casein that they become such a problem with leaky gut syndrome? Why not something else, like potatoes or rice :huh: ?

Claire

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Claire,

I don't know why gluten and casein are such problems. There glueyness may have something to do with it.

Rachel I don't know how you do it. You can only eat a few foods and I have no room to complain......BUT I'm getting tired of the restrictions on our family! :angry:

Ok, small rant over. The little one must be done with his food as my daughter is calling to me. :)

jerseyangel Proficient
Claire,

I don't know why gluten and casein are such problems. There glueyness may have something to do with it.

Rachel I don't know how you do it. You can only eat a few foods and I have no room to complain......BUT I'm getting tired of the restrictions on our family! :angry:

Ok, small rant over. The little one must be done with his food as my daughter is calling to me. :)

Andrea,

I don't blame you at all for being tired of all the restrictions. I don't know how you manage to keep it all straight! :blink:

I have many intolerances, but it's just me--I don't have to keep track of 4 other people :o .

Some days, it just gets to you. Hope you feel better tomorrow :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
This doesn't make sense. After you stop eating casein and gliadin, you stop producing the antibodies to them. It does not mean, however, that your leaky gut has healed or that your body hasn't forgotten to recognize those proteins as invaders. That was the case with me. I didn't have any antibodies to gliadin or casein after eliminating them for 7 months, but they still showed up as a problem on the BioSET testing.

Claire...the article wasnt talking about testing for antibodies after you stop eating gluten.....it talks about re-testing for antibodies while eating gluten and casein. If there are no antibodies while eating them....its saying that the leaky gut has healed.

The article in its entirety is about candida and leaky gut. There are usually antibodies to gluten and casein when the gut is leaky from candida. The article suggests eliminating the proteins to allow the gut to heal while also treating the candida infection.

Its says that once candida is resolved (based on bloodtests) and symptoms of leaky gut are no longer a problem....gluten and casein can be re-introduced and then the person re-tested for those antibodies. If the antibodies are no longer there.....its saying that the leaky gut is healed....hence the lack of antibodies while eating gluten/casein.

I dont know how true this may be but I'm sure for a great deal of people the antibodies are there because of leaky gut. It makes sense that if the cause of leaky gut is treated and the gut is back to its healthy state...the antibodies would not be present...even while eating gluten.

Removal of particularly gliadin and casein from the diet will produce temporary relief of some of the symptoms. After three months gliadin and casein should be reintroduced and the Intestinal Permeability Evaluation #2330 repeated one month after the reintroduction of casein and gliadin. If the IgA antibodies have disappeared then the intestinal permeability has been cured.
Rachel--24 Collaborator
I wonder what it is about gluten and casein that they become such a problem with leaky gut syndrome? Why not something else, like potatoes or rice :huh: ?

Claire,

This is one reason...

This "leaky gut" allows some food proteins to pass through into the bloodstream only partially digested, particularly the gluten from wheat/oats/rye/barley, and the casein from milk and other dairy products. These partially digested proteins form peptides which have an opiate-like affect (opioids is another term for them). They can bind to the receptors and cause harmful effects in the brain just like a regular opiate. Opiates can either cause or magnify autistic symptoms. The opiates are a type of narcotic. There are receptors in the brain that they bind with to reduce pain and induce pleasure, but they also have harmful side effects. An example of an opiate is morphine or heroin.
Theory

The molecular structure of the partially undigested proteins, known as peptides, resemble opiates. It is thought that such peptides have an effect much like opiates in the brain and nervous system. From this premise it follows that long term exposure to these opiate peptides can have many damaging effects on the developing brain and also affects behavior, just as any narcotic would.

The opioid peptides involved are identified as casomorphines from casein, and gluten exorphines and gliadorphin from gluten.

Also...gluten being difficult to digest...(paticularly when the intestinal lining is damaged) FEEDS candida. So...along with the symptoms you would get from the opiates...you would also be having worse candida symptoms as well.

Also wheat, rye and barley were all on the top 10 list of foods containing mycotoxins.

There is PLENTY of reason to stay off gluten when the gut is leaky and when candida is overgrown. :blink:

Its no wonder that even those who do not have Celiac feel tremendous relief when going off gluten/casein. Unfortunately for many of us....it doesnt stop there. :( But yeah...HUGE difference in how you'll feel.

This is probably what gave me my mind back. :)

Well....partially anyways. :P

Before the diet I could not read a single paragraph.....I could not drive (safely)...I had fits and outbursts and all kinds of craziness I dont really wanna remember. :ph34r:

I chilled out quite a bit going off the gluten/processed foods. B)

happygirl Collaborator

x

NoGluGirl Contributor
NoGluGirl,

I agree....getting off of the contraceptives and caffeine are two things you can do that will really help you out.

Dear Rachel, CarlaB, and Diamondheart,

I used to be anemic before going on the shots. I had five ovarian cysts in less than ten months. I am so afraid of having a hysterectomy! The cramps were so bad, the first three days of my period I could hardly stand up at all. I bled like a stuffed pig. I would go through a super-plus tampon in an hour. I don't want to go through that again! My Pap test was fine. I just had one. I get really sick before my next shot and feel a lot better after. I feel either way I lose in this situation. Going off of it scares me. My hormones have never been right. The magnesium certainly would help. I am reducing my caffeine intake. I realized that this instant coffee has more than regular brewed coffee. So far, it is a little better. My thyroid needs checked again, too. Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I have alot to share tonight...

The next couple months I expect to find alot of answers....it'll be pretty exciting I think.

First, I got in to see Dr. Derksen when she comes to California in March. WOO-HOO!! :D

I'm scheduled to see her Sunday March 18th.

She uses ART.....my appt. with her will be an hour and a half. I got the same instructions that Scott gave me as far as not taking anything 48 hours prior to testing and I need to bring all my supplements and prescriptions.

I also got a bonus surprise in that Scott will be doing the ART free of charge. :o How great is that.....I didnt think anything was free anymore! :blink:

So yeah...thats a cool and unexpected break for me. I guess I got into his last round of doing the test for free. I imagine it was for the experience and after this he will begin charging.

I'm just really excited to find out what shows up in the testing.....although I'm a little worried that there will be so much going on that I'll be overwhelmed. Thats what happened at my first BioSET appt...when I started finding out how serious and intertwined all this is....I started crying. :(

Anna was planning on discussing my situation with Dr. Derksen...she didnt think I was gonna get an appt this time around...but I did!! :)

So as far as BioSET.....alot showed up in my testing tonight.

She was still checking stuff that cross reacts with Lyme. Tonight she did the mycotoxin panel. I reacted to 100% of the panel. :blink:

She said that I take the cake....I'm the worst shes ever seen as far as something like this...with the mycotoxins.

I know that I'm messed up but its hard for me to comprehend when I'm told this...its kind of scary but I still know I'm gonna get through....its just gonna take awhile to get all the answers....but I'm in it for the long haul.

While she was testing me I was telling her about my reactions to digestive enzymes, yogurt and kefir...all good things that I would like to be on...but cant. I suspected it was because of molds/mycotoxins. She said all enzymes will have some mold. I had heard of animal based enzymes so wanted to know where I could get some...and if it would be better?? She said it comes from pig pancreas (or something like that) and its available by prescription. She was gonna send a note to my Dr. about it.

After we got done with the testing she said that yeah....I'm so seriously sensitive to mycotoxins that I would even react to probiotics. I was telling her that I can never eat yogurt and recently tried kefir with the same problems...I react for some reason. :unsure: I dont think its an issue of dairy considering all the ice cream I've eaten. <_<

She said its mycotoxins...not the dairy. I realize that mold is an issue for cheese and other dairy products....but I thought that the benefits of probiotics would outweigh anything else....apparantly not. :(

I now realize that probably more than 90% of my reactions....both food-borne and air-borne....are directly related to mold. All of my strange reactions to various foods are making sense to me now. EVERYTHING is making sense....except I still dont know why this is all happening. :(

So she said the mycotoxin issue is pretty set....my immune system is triggered to go off with the mycotoxins. She said not all mycotoxins are pathogenic...some are ok....but I think my immune system reacts to everything. :blink:

I asked if this means its not caused by Candida?? So even if I get rid of Candida I'll still have this problem?? :huh:

Do I need to get rid of Lyme to fix the problem...rather than candida?? :unsure:

She said I need to get rid of both...but that the mycotoxin problem might still be there. :o

When she tested the body sytems that were affected by these mycotoxins which are cross-reacting with Lyme....the list was LONG. My thyroid was one of the main things. She said due to the amount of systems affected this problem has been going on for a looooong time.

I've only been sick 4 years...but I guess stuff could have been happening before I became aware of the problem. My thyroid went hyper maybe 5 years before. She said for sure all of these cross-reactions with mycotoxins have been occurring the whole time I've been ill.

The list of body systems affected was so long it went off the screen....I guess this stuff is affecting most of my body. :(

Since we had talked about enzymes she tested me to the enzymes she had in the computer. I responded poorly to all of them. She said I'm right about the enzymes...I cant take *any*. She said to just hold off. Shes gonna recheck all this stuff next week to see if any of its holding.

If I hold the treatment she wants me to try yogurt again first and see what happens.

I just remembered that we forgot to test my brain to see if I could hold the treatment. :o

I think I was talking too much while she was trying to test me. :ph34r:

Hopefully I could hold it. It was ALOT of stuff...I had 2 BIG glasses full.

Anyways, she said that this stuff with the mycotoxins cross-reacting with lyme is really important. This is the most important stuff we've found. I'm not sure what it all means though?? :unsure:

Toward the end of testing in the last set of vials...she pulled out a vial that said "miasms". I had reacted to it....she said its really important. She said I have a "miasm" and basically I wont get better until we find out what it is. :o

She said it means that something that we dont know about is causing this. It could be something genetically passed to me from an ancestor....like some kind of dormant virus that got triggered....or it could be a vaccine I had....or it could be Lyme "acting" as a miasm...we just dont know.

The ART test will hopefully give us more clues....thats what we need....more answers.

I told her about my tests for infections and virus....and how the only thing to show up positive was HHV-6. The Dr. had said it was a past infection but on the lab report it sounded like the lab was saying it could be either past OR present. The HHV-6 is something that *could* be a miasm and she's going to check me for it. I really doubt that its the missing link but we really need to find out for sure. Everything needs to be loked at.

She said that the miasm is making me susceptible to this stuff....*something* is making me susceptible so that I've gotten this sick.

So the whole drive home I was concentrating on the word "miasm" so that I wouldnt for forget it....I wanted to look it up.

This is what I found....

Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, the Father of Homeopathy, used the term "miasm" to describe the trans- generational causes to disease. The word miasm means an obstacle to cure, and Hahnemann asserted that unless this "obstacle to cure" is dealt with, the cure of disease will always be incomplete. In modern terminology, miasm means diathesis or constitutional susceptibility or predisposition to a particular disease. The deeper roots to diseases can be traced back generationally to five primary diseases Hahnemann referred to as miasms. The good news is that these predispositions to disease can all be corrected and cleared using homeopathy.

The five miasms are Cancer, Gonorrhea (Sycotic), Syphilis, Tubercular (TB), and Psora. Miasms alter the ideal genetic blueprint for our health and can affect our entire being, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Miasms can be either acquired or inherited. One can acquire a miasm, for example, by contacting Gonorrhea, say at age 18. When treated with antibiotics, this form of suppressive therapy can cause Gonorrhea to go dormant and become active or show up later in life in the form of allergies, sinus, herpes, vaginitis, warts, tumors, suspiciousness, jealousy, selfishness or uncontrolled sexual desires. Hence acquired miasms are attained during our lifetime.

The far majority of miasms, however, are inherited. The chances of inheriting miasms from thousands of years deep into our family tree is much greater that what we might acquire in our own lifetime. Inherited miasms can be active or dormant. A miasm that is active actually causes a present symptomatic picture or expression. And, the best time to consider using a miasm formula is when the symptoms are present. A dormant miasm is one hidden deep within the body not expressing any of its possible symptoms. It is recommended not to attempt treating dormant miasms unless other testing procedures such as electro-diagnostic or reflex response tests indicate the need for a specific miasm formula.

Homeopaths have experienced how miasms exist in various layers within the body, and understand that as we work at correcting disease and building health, it is like pealing away the layers of an onion. Regular homeopathic formulas work to strengthen and restore health to the body according to the symptomatic expressions the body is communicating. When these conditions have tendency to recur or be non-responsive, a deeper acting remedy like a miasm may be needed to more completely correct the condition. As we continue to peal away the disease layers impairing our normal healthy expressions we frequently discover various miasms along the way.

Miasm correction is essential to both the restoration of our health and the eradication of disease from our planet. I have now used homeopathy long enough to see genetic disease patterns in people corrected and observe the liberation of those diseases later on in their own offspring conceived after miasm correction. I have seen this remarkable healing phenomenon in cases such as childhood obesity, allergies, breathing disorders, skin disorders, and certain behavioral disorders, phobias and in anxiety or nervous prone people. What a wonderful reward to not only see both children and adults healed of devastating, genetic or life-long health problems, and to also see there children born and grow up free from those inherited health problems and weaknesses in their families!

So thats about it....I'm still having MAJOR problems with mycotoxins.

I'm soooo looking forward to doing ART. I think its going to be *essential* to my recovery. I find the BioSET testing to be invaluable thus far....I expect the ART might just blow me away. :P

I get fascinated about this stuff. I was just talking to Dave about it. I'm sure noone can understand how the heck I could be so enthusiastic about all this terrible stuff.....but I just am. :unsure:

It feels sort of like an adventure to me.

Its only when things come to a "stall" that I lose enthusiasm....right now I'm really full of excitement. :)

My appt. with Dr. Derksen is more than 6 weeks away. I feel really lucky I get to see her....I cant wait to have that appt!! I'm like Carla...when she was anxiously awaiting her trip to New York!!

HURRY UP and get here already! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I'm so excited for you!!!! :D

I'm very interested in this ART for you and doubly excited that you are on the last round of no charge for your first test.

All the stuff you posted was interesting as well.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, YAY!!!! You got in!!! This will be the longest six weeks you've ever waited. :lol:

Interesting stuff. I really think in my case all my bodily systems are also affected because I know it affects my breathing, my heartbeat and my digestion. Also my neurological system (joint pain, muscle pain. and brain fog).

I think when something your body can't handle takes over, other problems you're susceptible to come up as well and everything gets intertwined. I'm very fortunate that I'm able to detox well ... I feel very blessed about being able to take so much treatment for this.

Can the miasm be the Lyme? Maybe a co-infection? Candida? Or, does it have to be something you don't know about now?

I'm off to Indiana for the day, I'll chat with all of you tomorrow.

CarlaB Enthusiast
The cramps were so bad, the first three days of my period I could hardly stand up at all.

The magnesium and B vitamins (especially B6) helps with this. I know it's hard to believe "just" vitamins can fix this kind of trouble. But "just" gluten causes a lot of trouble, too!!

I don't know about the ovarian cysts though.

diamondheart Newbie
Also, I was put on Depo-Provera shots to stop the ovarian cysts I had when I was 17. I had 5 in less than 10 months, four of which were at the same time. My periods were so heavy I was anemic until I began taking these shots. The cramps were so bad I could not even stand straight the first three days of my period, on top of going through a super plus tampon per hour, and having the pain shoot all the way from my uterus down my rectum. I had break through bleeding some, but all of the sudden about two years ago, I began having a period off and on all the time. The doctor said it is not uncommon with these shots. I had been on them for five years already, why would it just start that then? I think that yeast is to blame.

Hi NoGluGirl,

I had to go back and look at your history to understand a little about the bleeding. The yeast may be a problem for you, but the Depo-Provera shots are probably not helping you anymore at this point. I think you should get off the Depo-Provera shots and find a new gynecologist. I don't think your doctor knew what she/he was doing when she put you on the Depo-Provera shots. The Depo-Provera is progestin which is not a bio-identical hormone. It is a synthetic form of progesterone (medroxyprogesterone acetate). I don't know the long term effects of using synthetic progesterone hormones, but there has been information that has come out of long-term studies of synthetic estrogen that it causes cancer. When you are put on hormones, bioidentical or not, your doctor should be testing your hormone levels REGULARLY to know if your body is in balance or not. Most doctors do not know how to do this, including alternative doctors.

I would never take any hormone that was not bioidentical, but even taking bioidentical hormones in the wrong way and without hormone testing can hurt you. That is what happened to me. I took bioidentical progesterone to treat my uterine fibroids, because that was the only other option my first gynocologist gave me besides do nothing and hysterectomy. I should have found another doctor, but I didn't know any better. I thought the progesterone was a great idea because I'd read so much hype about it. My doctor left it up to me when to take the progesterone, which in hindsight, really showed how ignorant she was. Everything was great for the first 8 months, and then I started spotting again between my periods. I saw my chiropractor, and he muscle tested the oral progesterone I was taking, and it tested negative. I went off that and started using progesterone cream, but I still did not know how to properly use it. Now I know I was using too much. I was still spotting five months later, and decided to have saliva testing done for my female hormones. I had stopped using progesterone cream during the testing, but my progesterone levels were literally off the charts. I knew that couldn't be good, so I went off the progesterone. I was still spotting. Four months later I went to a reproductive endocrinologist because I had just gotten married and I knew I wanted kids. I had to find a reason for the spotting. He did an ultrasound and found 3 uterine fibroids and told me I needed an abdominal myomectomy. I was freaked. The stupid progesterone had caused my fibroids to QUADRUPLE in size in 3 years and a had a third new one :o . Thus began my search for healing. That was a year and a half ago. I was so overwhelmed at the time, but I so desparately wanted to be able to get pregnant that I was motivated to find an answer. I did a lot of natural therapies and learned a lot. Last April, I had a laparoscopic myomectomy, the least invasive surgery you can have to remove uterine fibroids and keep your uterus.

I think it's time for you to change doctors. You will need to have an ultrasound done to figure out what is going on currently. Also, it would be good to find an alternative doctor that understands saliva testing and how to use it. The saliva testing will give you a current snapshot of what your hormones are doing. I had my recent testing done through Diagnos-Techs lab, and I think they are better than Genova labs (formerly Great Smokies Diagnostics Lab). You will probably need to clear out all the synthetic progesterone you have built up in your tissues over the years. By the way, progesterone is a precursor to testosterone, so your testosterone levels are probably pretty high since you have been taking progestin for so long. High testosterone can lead to ovarian cysts. I never had them, but I still have high testosterone because I am a progesterone dominant person, for whatever reason.

I found this website of one woman's problems with Depo-Provera.

Open Original Shared Link

She also has a forum, which is here:

For the three years that I dealt with or ignored the fibroids, I went through a lot of emotions about doctors and what I expected of them. I had the misconception that a doctor would be responsible for my health. I think that is how it was when I was a kid because my Dad was a doctor and I always got the best care. The health care system isn't what it used to be. I realized that I had to be my own advocate and that I couldn't trust a doctor to provide me the best health. I joined forums on the internet to learn more, and did my own research. I argued and challenged doctors, armed with my own knowledge and research. I got 5 opinions before I had surgery. That's not to mention the multiple health care practitioners I was seeing. It was hard, but in the end, I got the best care and treatment I needed. First, I was despondent over the lack of care I had gotten :( . Then, I got mad :angry: and took charge of my situation. Flying to NYC from Colorado to see a doctor was one of the most liberating things I did. I'm telling you this because I know how hard and overwhelming it can be to challenge the medical world. But in the end, it's your money and you can decide who you want to see and what treatment you want.

I hope this helps :) .

Claire

diamondheart Newbie
Claire...the article wasnt talking about testing for antibodies after you stop eating gluten.....it talks about re-testing for antibodies while eating gluten and casein. If there are no antibodies while eating them....its saying that the leaky gut has healed.

The article in its entirety is about candida and leaky gut. There are usually antibodies to gluten and casein when the gut is leaky from candida. The article suggests eliminating the proteins to allow the gut to heal while also treating the candida infection.

Hi Rachel,

Oh, ok, that makes more sense. I know you are just giving us snippets of articles, but I'd really like it if you could include the name of the author and article, book, or website when you quote something. That way, if I want to read more, I can go check it out myself.

Dr. F told me that antibody testing isn't very reliable because it can take as long as 7 months for the antibodies to clear out of your system. Also, if you are IgA deficient, the IgA testing is going to be worthless. I was going to do additional testing with Enterolab for soy and egg sensitivity, but when I got my test results back that my SIgA was low, I knew those results would be worthless.

I'm curious how the ART is different than other forms of applied kinesiology? It seems like the same thing to me from what I've read. I really like applied kinesiology, and I think the key for it's success is working with someone who is really good at it. I'm glad you're getting an appointment with the expert!

I'm also interested in this miasm thing. Now how do they get that in the vial :huh: ? Not to say that it doesn't work, but it does make you wonder... I think there is something up with the genetics in my family, but I can't pin point what effect it's having on me. That's why I was so interested in what Scott the Better Health Guy had to say about genetics.

Claire

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay Rachel, I'm excited for YOU too!!!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel,

Oh, ok, that makes more sense. I know you are just giving us snippets of articles, but I'd really like it if you could include the name of the author and article, book, or website when you quote something. That way, if I want to read more, I can go check it out myself.

Sorry Claire.....I sometimes to forget to post links. :ph34r:

Heres the article....its a few pages long. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I need to look into the HHV-6 a little more. I'm pretty sure it could be a miasm.

My test reults for HHV-6 were positive 2 months ago...but it was assumed to be a past infection. It very well may be...BUT

the lab report says this...

0.89 IV or less.........Negative: No signifant level of detectable HHV-6 antibody.

0.90 -1.10 IV...........Equivocal: Questionable presence of HHV-6 IgG antibody. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.

1.11 IV or greater.....Positive: IgG antibody to HHV-6 detected, which may indicate current or past infection.

The Best evidence for current infection is a significant change on two appropriately timed specimens, where both tests are done in the same laboratory at the same time.

My results: Herpes Virus 6 Ab, IgG 4.00 H

Do you think my Dr. was maybe too quick in calling this a past infection??? :unsure:

I had looked up HVV-6 when I first got my results...it was the only thing to come back positive in all the testing we did in November.

The Lyme titer was also highly positive but Dr. Harris at IgeniX told me there is a 20% chance the titer was high due to the HHV-6 antibodies.

So what I read was that about 90% of the population is exposed to HHV-6 during the first couple years of life.

It *can*.....come back later on in life and cause chronic illness. I would think something would need to trigger it??

My friend said shes heard of this. There are different types of Herpes virus. Some cause sores and stuff like that...but there is one that doesnt cause sores and can just make you sick. I'm guessing it would be HHV-6??

She said people with AIDS get it sometimes....there are no sores but it makes you sick.

Does anyone know anything about it?? I'm wondering if it is an active and current infection.....what do they do about it?? Is it treatable?? :unsure:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm curious how the ART is different than other forms of applied kinesiology? It seems like the same thing to me from what I've read. I really like applied kinesiology, and I think the key for it's success is working with someone who is really good at it. I'm glad you're getting an appointment with the expert!

I never did any kind of kinesiology.....so I'm not too sure about the difference. :unsure: There has to be a difference though....because ART was invented by Dr. Klinghardt.

This is what I could find...

The autonomic nervous system (ANS) is the part of the nervous system that we cannot control with our mind. The ANS regulates breathing, heart rate, digestion, immune function, sleep patterns, and hormone regulation. It also controls blood pressure, blood sugar levels, tissue regeneration, and liver and kidney detoxification.

Autonomic Response Testing (ART) grew out of the importance of detecting and correcting problems of the autonomic nervous system. ART allows the doctor to correct the problems of the ANS. Autonomic Response Testing (ART) is a system of evaluation and treatment developed by Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD and Lousia Williams, DC, ND. Dr. Klinghardt is a German-trained physician who also has a PhD in neurology. ART uses Applied Kinesiology, Electroacupuncture (EAV), O-Ring testing, Nogier pulse, Chinese pulse, hearth rate variability and other techniques to assess the health or dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system.

Dr. Klinghardt believes that many practitioners using kinesiology or muscle testing in their practice are often getting inaccurate information because the autonomic nervous system is not functioning properly. In ART, this condition is called blocked regulation and refers to the inability of the ANS to self regulate and is caused by seven common factors. These include: undiagnosed food allergies, heavy metal toxicity, petroleum chemical toxicity, chronic unresolved infections and scars, temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ), unresolved psychological stress, and electromagnetic stress. Dr. Klinghardt has developed specific tests for these factors and treatments to correct them.

During the first visit, a doctor using ART will evaluate the patient with a special attention on identifying any of the factors that are blocking ANS regulation. This is accomplished through a review of the patient's medical and dental history and a physical exam that includes kinesiology and nervous system evaluation. Once the blockages have been identified, the doctor will choose a treatment plan that will correct these problems.

Here is the most descriptive site I could find....

An Introduction to ART:

Autonomic Response Testing (ART) is an unique and comprehensive alternative medical model. It has been developed and synthesized over the past 20 years by the neurologist Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt M.D., Ph.D. This form of testing enables practitioners to reliably evaluate a patient's health, on four interconnected levels. These are the Physical, Electromagnetic (or energetic), Mental and Intuitive bodies.

During his 12 years running one of the most acclaimed specialist pain clinics in America, Dr. Klinghardt attributes his success to a clear understanding that while a patient may present with a physical symptom, its source may frequently be found on one of the 'higher' levels. This fact is equally true where chronic conditions are concerned.

The Five Levels Of Healing:

Interaction of the First and Second Levels of Healing: (Physical and Energetic)

As a neurologist, Klinghardt could clearly see, how an electrical disturbance in the (autonomic) nervous system, could cause physical symptoms in an apparently unrelated area of the body. No amount of attention to a shoulder injury, for example, would relieve the pain if its cause were at a 'higher' level.

One level above the physical, is the electromagnetic (or energetic) body. The Autonomic Nervous System, responds to and channels energy throughout the physical body. Here, one might find a surgical scar or damaged tooth compromising the performance of the intricate network of the nervous system. This in turn could cause the shoulder pain.

Discovery of such an energetic disruption, and its subsequent treatment, would lead to an instant rebalancing of the energetics and immediate cessation of the shoulder pain.

The Third Level of Healing: (Mental)

One level higher, is the 'Mental' body, and here again, the ART practitioner may assess for disturbance. Unresolved Thought processes may also hinder the proper performance of the body's Energetics, which in turn may result in a Physical condition or symptom (in this case the shoulder injury).

Dr. Klinghardt has developed Mental Field Therapy from the initial discoveries by Roger Callaghan Ph.D., as the most potent means of addressing this level of healing. It combines the reintegration of the mental body with the level below, which is the energetic body of the nervous system and meridians.

The Fourth Level of Healing: (Intuitive)

Assessing and working with the intuitive body, may be achieved with colour and the use of PK (Psycho Kinesiology) or APN (Applied Psycho-Neurobiology). This technique has its roots in the discoveries made by Dr Hamer, who observed that emotions affect and are caught up in specific organs. Fear for example overstimulates the kidneys, and an over-stimulation of the kidneys in turn causes fear. If a person doesn't overcome their fear in a given situation, their kidneys may be overstressed from that day on.

Through Autonomic Response Testing, the practitioner may again uncover these unresolved psycho-emotional conflicts, which have ramifications on the mental thought patterns, thereby upsetting the energetic body and resulting in a physical symptom.

Seen from this perspective, it is no surprise that a persistent back problem (for example) with stressing kidneys will not heal with purely physical interventions. The A.R.T. practitioner has the protocols to establish what level the problem started on, and work on that level to 'uncouple' and relieve the underlying cause. The same would be true of the shoulder injury discussed earlier.

The Fifth Level:

This is the level of spiritual belief, and is not trespassed on by ART.

How Does the Practitioner Find these Issues?

Autonomic Response Testing has evolved from Kinesiology. As the name suggests, it is a process of assessing the response of that part of the nervous system over which we have no conscious control (the ANS). The Autonomic Nervous System is a hugely dense network of nerve fibres running throughout the physical body. 80% by weight is in the skin, and it is so fine, that if all the other structures of the body were stripped away, each individual would still be thoroughly recognisable.

Dr. Klinghardt's intricate understanding of the nervous system sets his assessment of the phenomenon of 'muscle testing' apart from all other schools of thought.

To him, it is evident that such a fine and intricate unconscious control system so close to the surface of the body, must be continuously on the look out for minute changes in a person's environment.

Just as a shark with its poor eyesight in murky waters, knows the shape and size of its prey through electromagnetic conductivity of the skin, so we scan our surroundings, but on an autonomic (unwitting) level.

This superfine network is not only scanning the surroundings, but is also connected to the organs and structures of the body. Light pressure on an area of skin, whose nervous network connects to a healthy organ, should not evoke any (autonomic) response. The same pressure over a compromised organ however, will instantly cause an involuntary reaction. It is this subtle, unwitting nerve response that gives rise to the phenomenon of changing muscle strength used in both kinesiology and Autonomic Response Testing.

As demonstrated with lie detection, physical contact is not necessary for involuntary reactions to occur. With polygraphs, respiratory rate, heart rate, blood pressure and electro-dermal activity are measured simply in response to verbal questions. It is the same Autonomic Nervous System controlling these factors as controls the tension and resistance transferred to the muscle spindles, which practitioners pick up in muscle testing. And these muscle spindles also react to auditory input.

What is more remarkable, is that the human body responds to substances it recognises even before it comes into contact with them.

The body's 'radar' will pick up and respond to the signature of all substances in its enormous library of experience, causing good and bad weakness and good and bad strengths. The ART practitioner assesses these strengths and weaknesses against another set of rules elucidated by the internationally acclaimed physicist Dr. Fritz Albert Popp.

Photon Emission:

As popularised by Lynn McTaggart in her book 'The Field' Dr. Popp was the first scientist in the West to demonstrate that one of the major languages of communication between living cells is the language of light. He not only demonstrated that photon emission is a key to synchronized biochemical change, but also that light emission and its level of organisation and coherence could be assessed.

Dr Klingardt, in developing ART, has introduced a means of using this information to assess how a person's photon emission and therefore physical health is pushed out of balance in order to accommodate a toxin, pathogen or stress.

The Seven Factors:

Much is made of the 'Stress' of modern life. The truth is however, that the humans in the West have finally eliminated the major stresses of basic survival. We are the only animals without predators, and can be sure of our daily food. So where does the stress come from?

Again with a profound knowledge of neurology, Dr. Klinghardt has isolated seven major obstacles to our health. Any of these factors, and more frequently a combination of several, may keep our nervous system in a permanently alert or stressed state. It is this relentless hyper-alertness, which is so destructive to health. These seven factors which must be addressed are:

1 Food Allergies

2 Heavy Metal Toxicity

3 Solvent Toxicity

4 Interference Fields (such as scars or teeth causing nervous disruption)

5 Jaw Misalignment

6 Mental/Psycho-emotional Conflicts

7 Geopathic and Geophysical Stress (EMF from power or earth)

In ART it is essential to assess which of the above is a contributory factor in a patient's disease condition and relieve them of that stress as a first step towards regaining health.

It is only after identifying these factors that we then move on to assess for 'Direct Resonance' with particular pathogens, or search out the remedies which the body responds to with the greatest state of relief.

In Conclusion:

Autonomic Response Testing is the most complete bio-feedback mechanism with which to assess a person's health, and determine at which level it has been compromised. It is only with this information that the appropriate interventions may be provided at the correct levels, thereby truly relieving the system of the underlying causes of distress and disease.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Can the miasm be the Lyme? Maybe a co-infection? Candida? Or, does it have to be something you don't know about now?

I dont think Candida could be a miasm....mainly because its more of a symptom of disease...rather than a cause of disease. The miasm would have to be a cause for my illness.

It sounded like she wasnt thinking that Lyme could be the miasm....unless it was somehow just showing up as a miasm in the testing. From what I've read miasms are usually inherited...but can also be aquired sometime in life.

If Syphilis is considered to be a miasm then it would make sense that Lyme could also be one. The closest thing to Lyme would be Syphilis. They are very similar...both are caused by spirochetes.

It doesnt have to be something I dont know about. I think it could be the HHV-6 or Lyme.....or something else. :unsure:

I dont think it could be candida or mercury though.

diamondheart Newbie

I think there is so much that we don't know about viruses. I often wonder what the effects of getting West Nile Virus and Epstein-Barr Virus (mono) in the same year did to me :unsure: .

I also had Hepatitis A. When I got it in the Peace Corps, it was before there was a vaccine. You had to get gamma globulin shots every 4 months. I was on schedule for my shots, but I still got it. I found out that in other countries, the Peace Corps volunteers were getting their shots every 3 months :angry: . When I asked about this, I was told I was the first case to break through in Senegal in years. That was one of the worst illnesses I've every had. The mono was bad too, though I never knew I had West Nile Virus until I showed antibodies to it. I was getting WNV like symptoms when I was sick, though I couldn't have had it because it was January, and there aren't any mosquitos around in January :rolleyes: . Maybe the WNV was reactivated by the mono?

Kinda makes me wonder, though, if I've got some immunoglobin deficiency :huh: .

Claire

Archived