This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Please keep Julie in your prayers everyone.

Her angioedema outbreaks have gotten more consistent and her computer time is very limited due to that. My contact with her has gone down because of it but I still hear from her occasionaly.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
I think there is so much that we don't know about viruses. I often wonder what the effects of getting West Nile Virus and Epstein-Barr Virus (mono) in the same year did to me :unsure: .

I also had Hepatitis A. When I got it in the Peace Corps, it was before there was a vaccine. You had to get gamma globulin shots every 4 months. I was on schedule for my shots, but I still got it. I found out that in other countries, the Peace Corps volunteers were getting their shots every 3 months :angry: . When I asked about this, I was told I was the first case to break through in Senegal in years. That was one of the worst illnesses I've every had. The mono was bad too, though I never knew I had West Nile Virus until I showed antibodies to it. I was getting WNV like symptoms when I was sick, though I couldn't have had it because it was January, and there aren't any mosquitos around in January :rolleyes: . Maybe the WNV was reactivated by the mono?

Kinda makes me wonder, though, if I've got some immunoglobin deficiency :huh: .

Claire

I was also given gamma globulin shots, as my job took me to mainland China and South America. I didn't react well, either--both times had a grapefruit-sized, red, hot lump at the injection site. I also reacted this way to the flu shot--and finally realized that they all have thimerosal (mercury) in common. (Sigh.)

6 weeks after the first gamma globulin shot, I came down with shingles--and after that, I was always very tired, until 18 months later, I was diagnosed as having Hashimoto's.

I still think vaccines are playing a role in our gluten, Lyme, Candida, and whatever-else-I've-left-out issues!

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Andrea...I hadn't heard from Julie from the last email I sent out a few weeks ago and was starting to get really worried. I'll pray.

And, re the virus thing...I don't think my allergy shots have thimerasol in them, but something is sure reacting with me. The last 4 sessions have been problematic. The first two I developed intense itching at the site, plus my sinuses got really stuffed up and had huge red welts at the shots sites...so the third month I told the girl who reduced the amount she gave me. I only had a slight swelling and redness at the site, but went home and took zyrtek anyway. Then yesterday, I'm supposed to still be at the lower dose, but I got the red swelling again and itchiness.

I made an appointment with the allergist next week at which I intend to make a strong argument for stopping them altogether...I will also ask about any additives they use.

diamondheart Newbie
I was also given gamma globulin shots, as my job took me to mainland China and South America. I didn't react well, either--both times had a grapefruit-sized, red, hot lump at the injection site. I also reacted this way to the flu shot--and finally realized that they all have thimerosal (mercury) in common. (Sigh.)

6 weeks after the first gamma globulin shot, I came down with shingles--and after that, I was always very tired, until 18 months later, I was diagnosed as having Hashimoto's.

I still think vaccines are playing a role in our gluten, Lyme, Candida, and whatever-else-I've-left-out issues!

Stupid thimerisol :angry: !

The things I did to be in the Peace Corps :rolleyes: , but I wouldn't have had it any different. It was a life changing experience for me.

Claire

rinne Apprentice
I have posted in the past about Kinesiology. I saw Dr. Jimmy Scott, who is the founder of Health Kinesiology. He used musle testing to determine what was causing my inbalances. Interestingly enough, he said that foods were only 17% of my issues. He was very specific, all the different reasons added up to 100%.

Hi Patti, the other 83% ?

Hi Rinne!!! WElcome back!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I used to have bad FM but so much better now..have no idea why..just thankful!! :rolleyes: I am getting stronger slowly, been thru a lot and have a lot to overcome yet. Took me a bit over 2 months to be rid of the c diff (record for my age), but the colitis was very bad but getting bettr too.

Evie, I am so glad to hear that you are rid of the c diff, we were all so worried about you when you had to go to the hospital.

Andrea, I am thinking of you and your Dad.

Hi Rinne, I had uterine fibroids too (removed last April), but I haven't heard anything about the connection between iodine and them specifically. However, I think that iodine could indirectly be connected since iodine would affect the thyroid, which would affect the production of the female hormones. All the hormone systems are related, so if one is out of balance, it's possible the others would go whacky as well. I have taken some iodine supplements and thyroid supplements over the years as I've needed it, usually when I felt depressed.

Claire

It is interesting how each of us has some entry point for illness, the whole theory of a miasm is fascinating.

It is great to see you back on! We all miss you and think of you a lot...

Laura, I feel like I have been lost in the hinterlands (I love that word), even finding the words to say how I feel has felt to be too much for the past while. I don't know if I am fully back but I do know that in the past few days I have realized that I am lonely so I know I must be feeling better.

Please keep Julie in your prayers everyone.

Her angioedema outbreaks have gotten more consistent and her computer time is very limited due to that. My contact with her has gone down because of it but I still hear from her occasionaly.

Andrea, I will, I am sorry to hear that the angioedema is worse.

Rachel, thank you as always for your wonderful posts, I can see that I am going to have to go back and read. I have been thinking of Herpes lately, after my sweetie suggested to me that my symptoms sound like shingles inside. A women's health book I have suggested taking 6 garlic capsuls every three to four waking hours until relief is found. I have considerable upped my intake of garlic in addition to everything else I have been doing and the tissue pain seems to be diminishing.

AndreaB Contributor

I'm so glad you're back Rinne.

How's your little grandbaby doing?

NoGluGirl Contributor
Hi NoGluGirl,

I had to go back and look at your history to understand a little about the bleeding. The yeast may be a problem for you, but the Depo-Provera shots are probably not helping you anymore at this point. I think you should get off the Depo-Provera shots and find a new gynecologist. I don't think your doctor knew what she/he was doing when she put you on the Depo-Provera shots. The Depo-Provera is progestin which is not a bio-identical hormone. It is a synthetic form of progesterone (medroxyprogesterone acetate). I don't know the long term effects of using synthetic progesterone hormones, but there has been information that has come out of long-term studies of synthetic estrogen that it causes cancer. When you are put on hormones, bioidentical or not, your doctor should be testing your hormone levels REGULARLY to know if your body is in balance or not. Most doctors do not know how to do this, including alternative doctors.

I would never take any hormone that was not bioidentical, but even taking bioidentical hormones in the wrong way and without hormone testing can hurt you. That is what happened to me. I took bioidentical progesterone to treat my uterine fibroids, because that was the only other option my first gynocologist gave me besides do nothing and hysterectomy. I should have found another doctor, but I didn't know any better. I thought the progesterone was a great idea because I'd read so much hype about it. My doctor left it up to me when to take the progesterone, which in hindsight, really showed how ignorant she was. Everything was great for the first 8 months, and then I started spotting again between my periods. I saw my chiropractor, and he muscle tested the oral progesterone I was taking, and it tested negative. I went off that and started using progesterone cream, but I still did not know how to properly use it. Now I know I was using too much. I was still spotting five months later, and decided to have saliva testing done for my female hormones. I had stopped using progesterone cream during the testing, but my progesterone levels were literally off the charts. I knew that couldn't be good, so I went off the progesterone. I was still spotting. Four months later I went to a reproductive endocrinologist because I had just gotten married and I knew I wanted kids. I had to find a reason for the spotting. He did an ultrasound and found 3 uterine fibroids and told me I needed an abdominal myomectomy. I was freaked. The stupid progesterone had caused my fibroids to QUADRUPLE in size in 3 years and a had a third new one :o . Thus began my search for healing. That was a year and a half ago. I was so overwhelmed at the time, but I so desparately wanted to be able to get pregnant that I was motivated to find an answer. I did a lot of natural therapies and learned a lot. Last April, I had a laparoscopic myomectomy, the least invasive surgery you can have to remove uterine fibroids and keep your uterus.

I think it's time for you to change doctors. You will need to have an ultrasound done to figure out what is going on currently. Also, it would be good to find an alternative doctor that understands saliva testing and how to use it. The saliva testing will give you a current snapshot of what your hormones are doing. I had my recent testing done through Diagnos-Techs lab, and I think they are better than Genova labs (formerly Great Smokies Diagnostics Lab). You will probably need to clear out all the synthetic progesterone you have built up in your tissues over the years. By the way, progesterone is a precursor to testosterone, so your testosterone levels are probably pretty high since you have been taking progestin for so long. High testosterone can lead to ovarian cysts. I never had them, but I still have high testosterone because I am a progesterone dominant person, for whatever reason.

I found this website of one woman's problems with Depo-Provera.

Open Original Shared Link

She also has a forum, which is here:

Open Original Shared Link

For the three years that I dealt with or ignored the fibroids, I went through a lot of emotions about doctors and what I expected of them. I had the misconception that a doctor would be responsible for my health. I think that is how it was when I was a kid because my Dad was a doctor and I always got the best care. The health care system isn't what it used to be. I realized that I had to be my own advocate and that I couldn't trust a doctor to provide me the best health. I joined forums on the internet to learn more, and did my own research. I argued and challenged doctors, armed with my own knowledge and research. I got 5 opinions before I had surgery. That's not to mention the multiple health care practitioners I was seeing. It was hard, but in the end, I got the best care and treatment I needed. First, I was despondent over the lack of care I had gotten :( . Then, I got mad :angry: and took charge of my situation. Flying to NYC from Colorado to see a doctor was one of the most liberating things I did. I'm telling you this because I know how hard and overwhelming it can be to challenge the medical world. But in the end, it's your money and you can decide who you want to see and what treatment you want.

I hope this helps :) .

Claire

Dear Claire,

Thank you for the advice and sharing your own experience. I am well aware that Depo-Provera has major issues it can cause. Most of them I had before going on it. However, I do worry about the black box warning on it. Despite the fact it has been used for more than 40 years, it has a risk of causing osteoporosis. I just feel like this is a no-win situation. The shot helps with a some of it, but I know the Candida is a very likely culprit with the period issue. You see, it started right after I had a bunch of antibiotics. I did the Helidac therapy, and for about four times as long as most people. I also have been on steroids for asthma in the past. I am currently seeing a holistic physician. She has helped me some already. It is just I cannot afford any testing right now. That is the problem. I was defrauded by Digiworld Technologies. I have my own business, and this outfit agreed to build and promote my Web site. Little did I know, they were never affiliated with my supplier in the first place. Now I have lost every cent I own. I have been trying to get a part-time job since September (though honestly I do not feel well enough to work) and I have not even had an interview. I cannot afford an attorney, and I have no idea how to get my money back. I am determined these SOBs are not getting away with it. I am not just going to complain to the BBB (which they have a bad record with) and let it go. No way! I am done being screwed and disrespected by everyone! These people are getting it! It turns out, some research revealed my supplier had been in a lawsuit against them and won due to their fraudulent behavior. Of course, they can afford lawyers. Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi Patti, the other 83% ?

Rinne, without digging out the paper he gave me, I believe that 24% was old drugs and vaccinations, and the rest was emotional and other allergies.

The interesting thing is that everything he told me (regarding foods) was borne out to be true--either through testing (Celiac) or an elimination diet.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Alison...I could have sworn I responded to this post yesterday. But its not here.... :unsure:

Oh....its totally different from when I swore that I left my jacket at BioSET. :ph34r:

I really did respond to this post! :lol:

Anyways...Anna did say that a vaccine I'd had could have triggered the miasm. She was just naming various possibilities....but we obviously dont know.

She treats alot of Autistic kids and I'm sure for alot of them the vaccinations played a big role.

Do you think its the vaccination themselves triggering the Autism, Celiac, Aspergers, etc?? Or do you think there is something to this miasm theory??

Of course my mind is wandering again but I was wondering if since Syhillis is one of the miasms and its caused by a spirochete....if Lyme could act as a miasm in the same way. Since the Lyme bacteria seems to show up in alot of people with chronic illness, autoimmune disease, Autism...etc. It makes me wonder if its a miasm...passed on...and then triggered by the vaccinations. Mercury has a strong relationship with Lyme.

All of my symptoms began when I had the dental stuff...If I didnt have something like Lyme....or something else that might have been dormant prior to that...I wonder if I would have handled the mercury just fine??

I think Julie had said that her illness started at 17....after she had he MMR shot. So I wonder if it triggered something that was dormant prior to that??

I think some of the toxic stuff (not just mercury) that is in some of these vaccinations could really set off some problems in those who are susceptible. Of course we dont know what might be passed on to us...we dont always know what we are susceptible to genetically...we dont know if we have dormant infections....and we only find out after its too late. :(

If I can remember I think I will ask Anna what she thinks about vaccinations....what role do they play??

diamondheart Newbie

Hi NoGluGirl,

Sound like you are in a tough situation. What is your holistic physician's take on the bleeding and what is causing it? I've never heard of candida causing abnormal uterine bleeding. You may have multiple things going on, the candida and whatever is causing the abnormal uterine bleeding. I think it's important to find that out. I don't feel that I can give you financial advice, but I know for me, I used to think that I couldn't afford the testing. In the meanwhile, my fibroids did not go away on their own from being ignored. They were getting bigger all the time, and here I was thinking I was taking pretty good care of myself. At some point, I knew I couldn't ignore the abnormal bleeding any longer. Trust your instincts. I think too often we talk ourselves out of getting care for various reasons.

take care, Claire

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I don't know if I am fully back but I do know that in the past few days I have realized that I am lonely so I know I must be feeling better.

Rinne...if feeling lonely means you are also feeling better....then YAY for lonliness. :)

I've missed your posts...and Julies too. I hope Julie feels better soon and can post again.

I'm gonna post all about my ART session next weekend. It should be very interesting. If its something that proves helpful I will continue to have it done to guide me back to wellness. :)

From what some posters have said on LymeNet.....it seems like they feel they couldnt have gotten better w/out ART. There are only a few posters who have actually done it though...there is not a vast number of people to get feedback from....unfortunatley. The ones who did it say its been a lifesaver. I hope I will get to join them in saying that someday as well. :D

I'll let everyone know what my experience is like.

Its kind of crazy that I have ended up in the "alternative" world of healing...and absolutely fascinated by all of it.

I consider myself to be pretty skeptical of everything and this is NOT something I would have ever thought I'd ever venture into. I really didnt even venture....I just kind of ended up here.....without really seeking this kind of treatment.

I didnt know much about alternative stuff....but before I got sick I thought supplements and acupunture and everything else I'd heard about was a bunch of crap. :ph34r:

Now I dont think I would ever stand a chance of recovery w/out it. Actually I'm 100% sure if I'd stuck with mainstream medicine...I would be worse off in the end.

I'm feeling really hopeful and excited.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I would guess that if one spirochete can be a miasm, another one can, too. Your theory with mercury sounds good, too. Makes me really glad that we stopped vaccinating the kids. We did in the beginning. None of my kids have amalgams either.

Well, those supplements that had barley started bothering me. At least now I know for sure it IS gluten and not just wheat that is a problem. It took them a week to start bothering me. Leads me to believe I'm not as sensitive as I used to be because I used to get glutened off a very small amount and I took these for over a week. On the other hand, barley was one of the last ingredients and there are about 20 ingredients, so it's a minute amount ... so maybe it just had to build up for a while before it caused symptoms.

Rinne, glad your back, even if it is because you're lonely! I was doing the samento, noni, salt/c treatment when I finally saw my LLMD. I felt horrible all the time. He said that if it's making you feel bad all the time (as opposed to a herx), then you're on the wrong protocol. The treatment should make you feel better. I don't know how you can apply that reasoning, but I do know that I feel somewhat better on this different protocol (lots of meds). I haven't herxed yet .... I'm due in about 2 weeks ... at least I can plan for it!

Rachel, I've ALWAYS been into alternative medicine!! I got so well known in my circle of friends for using wacky herbs when any of us got sick, that one of my friends had her daughter-in-law call me after tubes didn't get rid of her son's ear infections. I told her what I did for ear infections (herbs, and avoid dairy) and the boy got better. I've always been sold on it ... maybe not acupuncture because I didn't know anything about it, but I've been seeing chiropractors for about 10 years.

This is what makes it so strange that I'm so willing to start meds for my Lyme! But my doc is holistic ... he even has acupuncture and other alternative stuff available in his office ... he is of the opinion that you need antibiotics in the beginning. He also has me on wacky supplements ... mushrooms is probably the strangest. Another one has the compound in cauliflower that helps somehow to balance estrogen (helps to over come all the environmental estrogen). The funniest thing about that is that I've "grown" about a cup size in the past two weeks! YAY! I always thought I shrunk from nursing so many babies!

CarlaB Enthusiast

NoGluGirl, I don't know if you've tried to get a job at Starbucks, but you only have to work 20 hours per week to get health insurance.

rinne Apprentice
I'm so glad you're back Rinne.

How's your little grandbaby doing?

Thanks Mom, :) . She is adorable, I only wish I lived closer.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

That is awful, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that while dealing with health issues. I wonder if they ripped off enough people to have some kind of group case, I know nothing about the law though.

Do you think its the vaccination themselves triggering the Autism, Celiac, Aspergers, etc?? Or do you think there is something to this miasm theory??

Of course my mind is wandering again but I was wondering if since Syhillis is one of the miasms and its caused by a spirochete....if Lyme could act as a miasm in the same way. Since the Lyme bacteria seems to show up in alot of people with chronic illness, autoimmune disease, Autism...etc. It makes me wonder if its a miasm...passed on...and then triggered by the vaccinations. Mercury has a strong relationship with Lyme.

I wonder if it is what I mean by Lyme clan? I sometimes think that Lyme is basically my clan's "old age, sickness and death". Our expectation has been that that sets in about 80 but it seems that with our whole world speeded up it is on fast forward.

Rinne, glad your back, even if it is because you're lonely! I was doing the samento, noni, salt/c treatment when I finally saw my LLMD. I felt horrible all the time. He said that if it's making you feel bad all the time (as opposed to a herx), then you're on the wrong protocol. The treatment should make you feel better. I don't know how you can apply that reasoning, but I do know that I feel somewhat better on this different protocol (lots of meds). I haven't herxed yet .... I'm due in about 2 weeks ... at least I can plan for it!

This is what makes it so strange that I'm so willing to start meds for my Lyme! But my doc is holistic ... he even has acupuncture and other alternative stuff available in his office ... he is of the opinion that you need antibiotics in the beginning. He also has me on wacky supplements ... mushrooms is probably the strangest. Another one has the compound in cauliflower that helps somehow to balance estrogen (helps to over come all the environmental estrogen). The funniest thing about that is that I've "grown" about a cup size in the past two weeks! YAY! I always thought I shrunk from nursing so many babies!

Carla, I am glad to hear that you have found a doctor you feel good about. How are you taking the mushrooms?

I am having better days, eating a wider variety of foods and having less pain, so I feel that what I am doing is making a difference.

Rachel I am so happy to hear you sounding so excited about this treatment, I look forward to learning more about it.

Has anyone tried taking French Green Clay? I have heard that it is good for drawing toxins out of the body and I found some but I have been hesitant to take it and uncertain about quantities.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Thanks Mom, :) . She is adorable, I only wish I lived closer.

That is awful, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that while dealing with health issues. I wonder if they ripped off enough people to have some kind of group case, I know nothing about the law though.

I wonder if it is what I mean by Lyme clan? I sometimes think that Lyme is basically my clan's "old age, sickness and death". Our expectation has been that that sets in about 80 but it seems that with our whole world speeded up it is on fast forward.

Carla, I am glad to hear that you have found a doctor you feel good about. How are you taking the mushrooms?

I am having better days, eating a wider variety of foods and having less pain, so I feel that what I am doing is making a difference.

Rachel I am so happy to hear you sounding so excited about this treatment, I look forward to learning more about it.

Has anyone tried taking French Green Clay? I have heard that it is good for drawing toxins out of the body and I found some but I have been hesitant to take it and uncertain about quantities.

Dear Claire, CarlaB, and rinne,

My situation is that I have NO income at all. My parents help me when they can, but they will not let me do anything else because they are afraid they will have to pay for it. I find it amazing how they can afford to eat out five days a week, but when it comes to this stuff, it is like it has to wait. It sucks being 24 and stuck living at home with your parents. I would have had the testing done immediately had the money not been an issue. Carla suggested Starbucks, which is one place I actually have not tried. I do not think they are hiring. However, calling and finding out could not hurt. Plus, I could do this go home and sleep a while, then study. Health insurance is definitely a necessity. Why don't people understand when you tell them that the money is not there? You can tell a lot of other people have never been in my situation. That is especially the case with doctors. I probably bought them a yacht by now, not to mention own that building their offices are in. I should be charging rent! As far as my legal situation, I checked, and no massive lawsuits like class-actions have been filed. There is bound to be a way to get around this.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'm glad that what you're doing is working!

I'm taking the mushrooms in a supplement. He had a bunch of supplements that he recommends, and I wanted to do exactly what he recommended and bought it from him, so once I got home I noticed it was mushrooms.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla suggested Starbucks, which is one place I actually have not tried. I do not think they are hiring. However, calling and finding out could not hurt.

I would recommend checking in the store itself rather than calling. I think you'd have more of a chance of getting an open position once one comes up if they see you all the time. Becoming a regular would be the best, but with no money, that would be difficult. You'd be surprised how often they hire, so if they say no, keep checking.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Guess what!!!

I waited for a week to post this....but....I CAN EAT EGGS!! :blink:

I've been reacting to eggs since I got sick. In the past year everytime I tried to eat an egg...I'd react...and these were organic eggs....usually Horizon. :huh:

The only meat I can eat is organic grass-fed beef...none of the other organic meats....definately not chicken. I've been eating the beef for several months now w/out problem.

I had kind of wondered about the meat....since I'm only ok with the "grass-fed"....I wondered if somehow I was reacting to grains in the other meats?? :unsure:

It seemed kind of far-fetched though. <_<

Now that I've learned that mycotoxins is this huge issue for me...I've been learning more.

I'm finally figuring out what makes my body swell up with fluid...and what causes me to lose weight....its the mycotoxins! :o

In my book "The pH Miracle"....it talks about fungus and mycotoxins alot. It says the mycotoxins is what causes alot of disease and our food supply (mostly grains, meat, eggs and dairy)....are loaded with mycotoxins.

This is from the book...

Like dairy foods, all animal products (pork, beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, and so on) and eggs are filled with hormones, pesticides, steroids, antibiotics, microforms, mycotoxins and the saturated fats that contribute to heart disease, strokes and cancer, among other things.

The animals feed on stored grain and pass along all the associated problems in their meat.

The consumption of eggs, alone, is associated with increased risk of colon cancer. I'm not surprised, as eggs from grain-fed chickens have been documented to contain mycotoxins. (My own observations have revealed that fifteen minutes after eating an egg, people will show bacteria, or an increase in bacteria, in their blood.)

Dairy products were also incriminated in the same study, with the highest association being with cheese. Interestingly, increased consumption of red meat did not increase risk. I attribute this fact to the study being done in Argentina, where the beef cattle are usually pasture-grazed rather than grain-fed.

An Australian study also turned up a positive association of egg consumption and colon cancer, as well as links with intake of red meat, liver, dairy foods, and poultry.

After reading this I went to Whole Foods to find out if there was such a thing as eggs from chickens that arent grain-feed.

There was sooooo many different types of eggs. Some were "organic cage-free", some were just "organic", some were "organic cage-free and vegetarian fed"....and some were "organic cage-free veggie-fed"....there were even more varieties available...

WTH??? :blink:

I was totally stupified by all these different eggs. :ph34r:

I figured a vegetarian diet could include grains....right?? :unsure:

I narrowed it down to the eggs that were "veggie-fed".

I dont even know what that means really....do chickens eat vegetables?? :huh:

Anyways my interpretation of "veggie-fed" means no grains.....but I could be wrong. I havent been able to find out what the "veggie-fed" chickens eat.

Anyways...I've eaten eggs every day for the past week...even three at a time! I havent been reacting to the eggs! :o

I checked out the cartons of eggs I've bought in the past....none of them were veggie-fed. <_<

There has to be ALOT of truth in what is showing up in my BioSET testing. So far its pin-pointed mycotoxins.....that I'm so sensitive to them I will react to any mycotoxin...even some that are not harmful.

The ones that are in grains, poultry, dairy and other animal products are harmful though. They are the ones that cause disease.

I think the fact that I can eat grass-fed meat and eggs from veggie-fed chickens says that BioSET is accurately detecting my problems. I dont think there could be any other reason for this....except for mycotoxins in the grains.

There is alot of info available about mycotoxins in animal food products...

In treating any fungal infection, it is important to realize that many foods which we have always considered to be health providing have also been discovered to be heavily colonized by fungi and their mycotoxins. These include corn, peanuts, cashews and dried coconuts. To a lesser degree, fungi can also be found in breads of all kinds, barley, rye, wheat, rice, millet and practically all cereal grains.A diet high in contaminated grains and nuts increases the likelihood of fungal colonization of the gastrointestinal tract. Worse, animals fed mycotoxin contaminated grains end up with fungal overgrowth. This is evidenced by the fact that the fat and muscles of most grain fed animals in North America are loaded with mycotoxins. Animal fat has been well documented to be associated with a greater risk of both heart disease and cancer. According to some researchers, it is not the animal fat that increases the cancer and heart disease risk, but the mycotoxin load found in the fat itself.

Does anyone know if veggie-fed chickens means they are not fed grains??? :unsure:

I still dont know for sure.... so cant say my theory for why I'm tolerating these eggs is correct yet.

diamondheart Newbie

Hi NoGluGirl,

I wasn't quite sure what the situation was with your parents, so I didn't want to say anything at first :ph34r: . It sounds like they have the means to help you. I have to admit that I'm kinda mad that they aren't helping you more. But perhaps you could present them with the information you've been gathering and explain that you really need to get tests and see doctors or your situation will get worse. If your health gets worse, then you will have to spend even more time at home and the treatment gets even more costly. Maybe you could also negotiate with them some kind of financial plan that works for both of you. Either you could pay them back a certain amount, or when you are able to get a job, help pay for the groceries and bills. Maybe you just have to be honest and frank with them that waiting to get tests and treatment just doesn't work for your health situation. Then, ask them what they need from you to help out. You could negotiate what you could do to help depending on what you are able to do.

I lived at home for 7 months when I was 25 after not being at home for 6 years. I had just come home from the Peace Corps and I was very sick with Hepatitis A. I basically slept for 6 weeks when I first got home. It took me a long time to get better. I had no energy for months. But, when I did started feeling better, I tried to help out around the house when I could. I would cook dinner for my parents when they were home. Maybe that is something you could do. My situation was different than yours. I was soooo happy to be home after living in a third world country for two years. I don't think I could live with my parents now, though.

If you have a good relationship with other relatives, maybe you could ask them for help too. Are your parents willing to help you go after the internet company that ripped you off?

Claire

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, my guess would be that veggie-fed, and vegetarian are the same, but I don't know for sure. Are the two kinds the same brand? If not, I would guess that they are the same thing, but if so, there must be something different.

I've bought free-range chickens, eggs, and even turkeys for years, but never vegetarian fed. I think they are not only better for you, but taste better, too (except the eggs, they all taste the same to me).

I'm glad you've been able to add yet another food to your diet!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, my guess would be that veggie-fed, and vegetarian are the same, but I don't know for sure. Are the two kinds the same brand? If not, I would guess that they are the same thing, but if so, there must be something different.

Carla,

I dont remember....there were so many different eggs. I think they may have been different brands. Some say vegetarian diet and some say veggie-fed. :huh:

diamondheart Newbie

Hi Rachel,

Congratulations on being able to eat the eggs! Yeah, BioSET seems to work, as mysterious as it is.

I've often wondered about the egg thing too. I think that eggs from chickens that are fed a vegetarian diet means that they do get grains. We had someone selling eggs at our farmer's market last year and I asked if they fed their chickens grains, and they did. Living in Boulder, our Farmer's Market is almost exclusively organic. I don't know how you would be able to feed chickens otherwise. I think they do get fed vegetables in addition to the grains.

Chickens are basically omnivores. The best eggs are from chickens that are truly free range, in that they can get out in a yard and eat insects, worms, and plants other than grains. The best eggs I used to buy were from a friend of mine who raised her own chickens and let her chickens scratch in the yard. But the racoons kept getting at her chickens. When I can, I buy eggs from people who raise their own because I think the big companies raise chickens in huge barns where they are "free range". They aren't in cages, but they are crammed in these big barns. I don't like that either. I've been buying my eggs from the stores now for too long. I think it's time I look around for people who raise their own. They taste soooooo much better too! I eat eggs almost everyday for breakfast.

The best chickens I ever ate were the ones in Senegal that ran wild all over our compound and ate everything if you didn't protect it. My village brother started raising his own chickens that were breed for more meat. He built a small hut for them to raise them in, and gave them vegetables and grains. However, they never tasted as good as the mutt chickens we had running around in the compound. I hated those chickens, especially when they tore up my garden :angry: , but they tasted good :D .

I don't get how molds get in meats from eating grains. Do the livestock have leaky gut syndrome too :huh: ? I can see how meat would get mold if it's left out too long.

As for me, I've been eating a little bit of dairy everyday with no problems! Last night, I went for it and had Indian food for take out. So far so good! DH is not doing as well. He can't completely cut out the sugar :( .

Carla, I'm like you. I've been into alternative medicine for a long time. I used to think it was all voodoo, like muscle testing, until I found that it helped me more than my western doctors could. That's why it was so weird for me to have to go the traditional western medicine route and get surgery for my fibroids. It was a good decision for me. I think when you are dealing with a blood infection like Lyme disease, it makes sense to bring in the heavy hitters, like antibiotics. That's when a combination of alternative and western medicine is really beneficial. It's good to be open minded ;) .

Claire

CarlaB Enthusiast
....there were so many different eggs.

Isn't that the truth!! I usually buy the cheapest eggs at Wild Oats because they're all good (the cheapest are free-range).

Once there was an Amish man there promoting his local eggs. He was pressuring me to try them (it was egg salad on a cracker!) as I was picking out eggs. His were significantly more expensive than all the others!! He wouldn't let up on me not trying them on the cracker either, even after I told him I was "allergic" to wheat. I'd never buy those eggs if they were the last ones in the store after that!! :blink::lol: I'd certainly like to support local farmers, but not when I feel like I'm giving them a donation above and beyond the cost of their product. My food bill with six kids is high enough as it is!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, I'm like you. I've been into alternative medicine for a long time. I used to think it was all voodoo, like muscle testing, until I found that it helped me more than my western doctors could. That's why it was so weird for me to have to go the traditional western medicine route and get surgery for my fibroids. It was a good decision for me. I think when you are dealing with a blood infection like Lyme disease, it makes sense to bring in the heavy hitters, like antibiotics. That's when a combination of alternative and western medicine is really beneficial. It's good to be open minded ;) .

Claire

Exactly. I have always been of the opinion that antibiotics are sometimes necessary but very much over-used. Since I got Lyme before they even knew it was from bacteria, the alternative stuff was always able to help me more because the doctors said I was healthy.

I always felt better eating healthy, sometimes juicing (I get tired of it and haven't done it in a long time), and taking supplements. Also, chiropractic and exercise. I think these are the reason I was "healthy" for 11 years before a stressful circumstance brought the Lyme back out. After reading on the Lyme boards, as badly as I'm doing, for having it for so long, I'm doing great! I'm not on painkillers, I can exercise, I can cook and go to the grocery. I just can't do too much in one day. I also get winded easily, so the only cardio I get is walking up the stairs!! Today, I'm just laying around on the couch, though ... I can't seem to handle the Lyme and the cold! I did play my flute at Mass this morning, but nothing after that.

dlp252 Apprentice
The funniest thing about that is that I've "grown" about a cup size in the past two weeks! YAY! I always thought I shrunk from nursing so many babies!

WELL NOW, that would be a cause for celebration for me, lol!!! :LOL

Rachel - congratulations on the eggs!!! That's exciting! Oh my, I buy eggs every week at Whole Foods and just stare at that section for a few minutes each time because there are so many. The one I end up buying usually just says "100% vegetarian diet" and "free-range".

~~~

Well girls, I bought my bathrobe! It is so soft and warm and so very thick and luxurious! I never could find a small size so ended up buying a large, but it turns out it's nice and cozy just the way it is. I'm sooo very pleased with it, lol. I finally found it at Kohl's...I decided to check the one by my house too but they only had larges left as well. Next Saturday I may check the Kohl's by my mom's house to see if at least they have a medium and if so, I'll get that too. :lol:

My BioSET appointment was strange and the cause of a very sleepless night, lol.

We did oils and acids. I'm fine with coconut oil and Olive oil. But I reacted to almost 3/4 of the other oils and a few of the acids. Anyway, no bug bites or ileocecal valve came up this week, but I did see "MIASM" on one of the vials...that tested okay for me. While talking to Susan, we got on the subject of what I'm eating, and I said basically just beef, turkey, eggs and some veggies, and not much else. She then looked at my food testing from the first day and said "Oh, wow, look at all this, we'll have to do foods soon to get you some other things to eat". I guess she hadn't looked at that page yet, lol.

So every week, she runs through the testing, then checks to see what's being affected by it, then checks for "remedies". She always "imprints" the remedy onto a "blank" vial, then I pick it up and put it into my glass. This week I don't remember her imprinting the blank vial...I asked if she was going to do that and she said she had, but I know I didn't pick it up and put it in my glass. Then, I had two REALLY FULL glasses, and while I was doing the breathing exercises a couple of the vials fell out...she picked up one, and I had to pick up the other. I put the one glass down so I could pick up the vial and she got very excited and said "oh, you have to hold on to it". Last night I just couldn't sleep...kept thinking about the imprinted vial...How strange is that, lol??

My first week of candida diet is done and went well. I lost 6.5 pounds though. I think that will slow down now, but it was going pretty fast there for a while. I forgot to buy garlic, but at least I know I can have the coconut oil after yesterday's appointment, so that should help kill off some of the stupid candida.

Archived