Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Welcome Back Patti (jerseyangel)!

Welcome back, Patti! I just realized that you're posting again. I hope your recovery is going well and that you're getting back on your feet. Although I hope you're taking it easy and letting your hubby wait on you.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thank you Liz :)

It's good to be back and doing something "normal" again :lol: There's so much I'm not supposed to be doing right now--and I'm beginning to get a little bored.

Everything is going well--saw the doctor on Tuesday and she said that everything was looking fine. Now, it's just a matter of taking the time out to heal. Each day it gets a bit better.

How are you? Are you fully recovered from your surgery?

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Oh Yeah! You are so casual about having some major heinous surgery, and you slip back into the role of gentle moderator so easily that I totally forgot how empty it felt without you!

Welcome back!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Yeah, welcome back, I just realized I spoke with you this morning too.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

It's good to be back and doing something "normal" again :lol: There's so much I'm not supposed to be doing right now--and I'm beginning to get a little bored.

Everything is going well--saw the doctor on Tuesday and she said that everything was looking fine. Now, it's just a matter of taking the time out to heal. Each day it gets a bit better.

How are you? Are you fully recovered from your surgery?

Glad to hear you're getting bored - that's a good sign. I hope you can find enough "stuff" to do to keep you occupied.

I'm doing well, thanks. I'm still a little tender, but am back to all normal activities. We got 6 inches of snow Wednesday night so we're off school. My van doesn't handle well in the snow, so yesterday the kids and I walked 2-1/2 miles to my in-laws' to get our sleds (stored there since we don't get much snow) and then walked a bit more to get to my SIL's house to go sledding with the cousins. I don't know how many times I walked back up the 1/8 mile hill dragging that sled behind me, but I realized last night that I'm completely back to normal. (My kids pointed out that I was the only mom actually sledding. I couldn't help myself - I have an old Yankee Clipper sled that still goes really fast and it brought back such good memories.)

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Well good to hear alls ok! :D

It must be getting frustrating for you not doing stuff - I remember my Mum hated it!! <_<

....but necessary for you to heal asap :)

Take care Patti! :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Oh Yeah! You are so casual about having some major heinous surgery, and you slip back into the role of gentle moderator so easily that I totally forgot how empty it felt without you!

:lol: I know, can you believe it? I would be on here, posting away in whining, dramatic rants about my surgery and pain :ph34r: And she just goes about everything, stoically and quietly, lovely sort of regal moderator that she is!!

Very glad to have you back, Patti. :)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Welcome back!! hope you are feeling okay!

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Patti, it's so good to see you're back and feeling well. You were sorely missed.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I was just wondering how you were doing ? I started to hijack a thread and decided not too :P

How long has it been since your surgery ? Are you up yet ? Back to vacuuming ? :blink:

It took me forever to get over my gall bladder surgery. They took it out thinking it might help my stomach pains. DUH !! I was still eating gluten so the surgery basically just made me even more miserable ...

Aren't you glad you are gluten free ??? Marcia

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

Hi Patti, it's much too soon for you to be vacuuming :o You should still be regulated to the computer and the couch :lol:

How's hubby doing with his new house keeping duties anyway?

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

gosh I can't believe I missed this thread..

WELCOME BACK FRIEND.

It wasn't the same with out you.

hugs

Judy

Judy in Southern CA

Hi Marcia and Shirley :D

I'm recovering a little bit each day. I can sit comfortably in a chair now, so I'm on the forum more.

No, I haven't vaccumed! The doctor said 4 weeks--my son has been taking care of that. Between him and my husband, I'm in very good hands ;)

I am glad I'm gluten-free! At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about :lol:

Too bad that the "trigger" can't work in reverse......

Patti

i finally got time to post in this thread too (dont worry i never forgot)

*HUGS*

I missed you Patti!!

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

i finally got time to post in this thread too (dont worry i never forgot)

*HUGS*

I missed you Patti!!

~ lisa ~

I know you didn't forget :) Hugs back to you!

Patti

Too bad that the "trigger" can't work in reverse......

Yeah that would be good!!

Surgery or trauma sending celiac disease into remission ...great idea!! ...if only!! :lol:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Yeah that would be good!!

Surgery or trauma sending celiac disease into remission ...great idea!! ...if only!! :lol:

I know! I said that to my husband--he just shook his head and said "I don't think so".

A girl can dream :rolleyes:

Patti

You can tell I haven't been on here much if I totally missed this thread for 1 week.

Glad you're able to be on more and feeling pretty good. :)

Good for you for letting hubby and son take care of things. You'll be back in the saddle in no time.

HUGS.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Welcome back Patti,

Its so much nicer when your here. Your a kind person.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.