Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Outback's Has Glutenfree Beer From Bardstale

Hello all you celiac-Outbacks-fans!

I was very excited. I just went to our Outback's around here. It's in Mechanicsburg, PA. We go there at least once a month. Kathy, my student, invited me there. So we went in, ordered both our glutenfree menus. After we sat down, the server came, and brought us our glutenfree menus, like always. However then she said: "Would you like to try our new glutenfree beer!" :blink: We were happily shocked. My first reaction was: "Yes!!!!" My 2nd reaction was: "No! I'm pregnant!" :P I don't know, if all Outbacks have this now, but it wouldn't hurt to ask! However they are so low in alcohol, it isn't even mentioned on the bottle.

Because I'm pregnant, I bought one bottle of bardstale beer for at home. It says "wheat, rye, oats and barley free" on the bottle. Then when my husband came home from work and sat down on the couch to watch TV, I said to him. Honey, I have a bottle of beer, do you want me to get it for you? He looked at me, like I'm crazy :huh: , because normally I never get beer for him, when he watches TV. I'm more the "Roseanne"-kind of woman. Quite like: "Honey, if you want it, why don't you program R2D2 to get it for you? I'm busy!" :rolleyes: So I opened the bottle and put some beer into a glas. After he looked at me like what the h... :ph34r: , I explained to him, that this beer is glutenfree and that he is my guinea pig, because I can't drink it actually. So I put some into a glass and just sipped a little bit, just to make the tongue wet and get a taste. It is really, really good. I love it. That tastes a little like the malt beer I had as a kid mixed up with coke or pepsi. Don't ask, it's a german thing. A very gooood german thing. I can't wait, until the baby pops out, so I can actually drink it for real.

Another thought: When you have an Outback's near you, that serves glutenfree beer I would also check the beer distributors around that area. They most likely get that beer, too. What I mean by that, is that Bardstale beer for example might ask other beer distributors in that area, if they would like to give it a try and sell their beer, so that Bardstale doesn't have to make an extra trip just for Outbacks. I mean, in case, it's delivered by truck. I don't know... :unsure:

Hugs, Stef

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):