Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Gallbladder Polyps

This is my official diagnosis and it's recommended that I have gallbladder removed.

what am I dealing with?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks -

Just wanted to know if anyone has personal experience with this type of condition and what happened to them. Was it ever found to be cancerous?

I had my gallbladder removed due to a polyp. In retrospect, I think my symptoms were actually caused by gluten sensitivity. The cholecystectomy pathology report showed a chronically inflammed gallbladder. I have read more than one doctor's opinion that gallbladder disease can be secondary to celiac.

I would consult a surgeon (or even better, two surgeons) for opinions on the necessity of this surgery. Ever since gallbladders can be removed laparoscopically, they are removed at an alarmingly higher rate. Just my opinion.

Having said all that, it's an easy surgery and you can live a healthy life without a gallbadder if it's truly a necessary surgery.

-Shannon

I see the surgeon on Tues and I have become very symptomatic - gas, bloating, nausea, diarrhea (?), discomfort in upper abdomen, discomfort when I twist from side to side. The sonogram stated that the polyp(s) were small. But they are sure making it known they are here.

well surgeon who has done this surgery has seen me and says yes gallbladder must be removed and his diagnosis is that I have small stones stuck to inside lining of gallbladder. So now I am very interested in knowing if my symptoms are what one would get with gallstones...

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...