This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Long Was It Until You Noticed A Difference On A Gluten-free Diet?

Luke987

sedunk Apprentice

Greetings,

Have you found any gluten-free Licorice? I have been gluten-free for about 2 1/2! I love Licorice, that is my one weakness. I love the Strawberry and Cherry Flavors. Any thoughts where I may purchase gluten-free Licorice.

I am would be so thankful. Yummy. My birthday is this Friday and I am so pissed about the Birthday Cake, Pasta, and bread. I am Italian, we are typically food driven!

Have a wonderful day. I have been searching for licorice. I will keep you posted if I find some first.

Sara

I started to turn the corner at 3 days gluten-free, and was free of most symptoms by 3 months. The learning curve can be steep with gluten-free food, so I accidentally glutened myself a few times in the first few months. Why the hell is wheat in licorice anyway!?!?!

Be patient, and you will start to see results. You may need to eliminate dairy for a time while your villi heal, also.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sedunk Apprentice

Greetings,

I have been Gluten Free for about 2 /2 weeks. I felt horrible the first week. I was so tired and had horrible ab pain on my left side. I am not as tired this week, but still don't feel well. My doctor told me that my energy levels could be low for the next 6 weeks. My doctor told me to drink a lot of water.

I want to eat everything in sight. My birthday is Friday and I am really cranky about the Cake ISSUE!

I hope you feel better soon.

Sara

OregonGF Newbie

I'm writing my first correspondence here, OregonGF happy to meet you all. July 2007 I was diagnosed by EnteroLab with 2 genes indicating likely allergy to gluten and negative diagnosis on celiac in the same test. My new nurse practiotioner suggested gluten-free and I have begun.

My energy improved and my depression seemed to lift-away after avoiding wheat for 2 weeks, but I have also picked up on Vitamin D dosage (8,000 mgs!) So, not really sure what's making the changes. It's a big circle all connected and I realize this is a different journey for us all. We each need to figure out what works for us. ;) Speaking here with you all provides a tremendous sense of support that I cannot find out there, where people can eat wheat.

The one thing I want to share in relation to this topic is, last night I ate DOuble fudge lowfat (ha ha) yogurt :ph34r: with Brownie chunks in it. The ingredients included wheat-somthing or another and today, despite a good night's sleep, I am tired.

Thanks for being here everyone and Happy Day GiA (God is Awesome)

OregonGF

Joni63 Collaborator

Thank you for this thread Luke987!

It's so good to know that my symptoms are similar to other's who started the gluten-free diet. I started Wednesday this week so it's been only 5 days counting today. I did have the headaches for the 2nd and 3rd day, but on the 4th day I had the best day I've had in a long time until I think I accidently ate gluten. I slept terribly last night and took a nap this afternoon, but have been great since I woke up for the rest of today.

Now if I can just sleep through the night once in a while I'd be terrific!

Archived