Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dandelion

Helpful Advice From My Doctor.

I used to get really terrible migraine-like headaches daily prior to going gluten free. Now maybe once a month I'll get one. All the pain meds I popped to get rid of them gave me a bunch of ulcers so now I can't take anything but tylenol. So, my gastro. doc told me to drink gatorade to get rid of them and it works! He said a good portion of headaches are due to dehydration and gatorade is the best way to fix that. Thought I'd pass it along. :)

Beth

Gluten free since January 2007.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Dandelion - that is an excellent point!

I cannot drink gatorade or any other sports drink, but I found that adding celtic or gray sea salt to my water has helped me a lot. It is hard to stay hydrated, but I found once I worked up to 64oz+ of water a day, I really notice it when I skimp.

The author of "Healing Digestive Illness" cites a connection between chronic dehydration and depression. I am not sure I buy it, but its amazing how important water is!

Join eNewsletter

thansk for posting - i'll keep the gatorage or dehydration issue in mind. i have been having crazy headaches both before and after going gluten-free. i have been "un-diagnosed" with Celiac and Meniere's (inner ear problem that causes dizzy bouts) and doctor's now are saying that maybe all my symptoms have been coming from migraines and migraine variants. I ended up in the hospital last spring and dehydration was one of the main findings. so maybe, for whatever reason, i am getting dehydrated really quickly and it is escalating these migraines. i am willing to try anything for sure. i am staying gluten free as the doctor said that maybe i was gluten sensitive and gluten can trigger migraines. also, dairy free. like is said, i will try anything to get back to feeling decent again. hope this works for you too.

i havenoticed that since the weather is cooler, i am feeling better too. maybe it is really hard to stay hydrated during hot days for those who are having issues with dehydration. i drank water like crazy and sea salt mixed with sugar and water. who knows?

Liz

Dianosed "possible Celiac" May '07 per biopsy with blunted villi

Bloodwork negative

Gluten-Free since June '07

Do NOT have Celiac genes per GI doctor

2 kids, 3 y.o. girl and 19 month old boy

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter