Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crittermom

Yet Another Poop Question

Have any of your little ones ever eaten oranges and had the pieces come out undigested. Not whole slices but little seed shaped juice filled pulp pieces. They almost look like worm segments. I have never seen this before in my dd or kids I babysat when I was younger. It happened again tonight. Any thoughts?

(sorry for continuing the gross threads!) :)

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sometimes this happens when kids don't chew their food enough. However I suppose it could also be a malnutrition problem too. Corn kernals alwys seem to just pass through as do linseeds if they are not ground.

Since going gluten free I have noticed a change in my poop too. I hope someone who actually knows anput this subject answers your post.

Join eNewsletter

When my son is on a regular diet this happens all the time with the tangerine segments. Even apples, chicken and other foods come out the way he chewed them up.

He does better gluten free but has been having issues with fresh fruit coming out undigested 1-2hrs after he eats them. Hopefully he will do better with that soon.

~Melanie~

Mommy to:

Jonathan-10-02-2000, seasonal allergies and Asthma, taking Flovent, Claritin and Nasonex.

Owen-04-29-2005, GERD, 20mgs of Prilosec, 2.5mgs Zyrtec. Negative bloodwork and biopsies but great dietary response.

HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,8) both celiac genes

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 24 Units

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 18

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter