Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erica94

I'm New Here

Hi! Im new to all of this too, and I know how you feel about everything!

Today will start my third day of gluten-free food. Yesterday was the first time I went shopping for food and I couldn't believe the amount it came to when we paid and I feel like we bought nothing. I couldn't even believe some of the prices of things on the shelves. I felt bad when it came time to pay. I know what you mean about missing the normal food, but I just hope that it will get easier as the days go by. I don't really know what to do about the prices of things I am kind of in the same situation with you there!

There is hope, don't give up :) My mom was diagnosed about 11 years ago, I was diagnosed 10 years ago, when I was only 6. It is really hard, but you will get used to it. I know exactly how you feel about the price guilt. I almost don't want to ask for much because everything is SO expensive. I am pretty used to it now. There is a lot more awareness about celiac disease than there was 10 years ago, so it is a lot easier to find good foods now than it was then. I did without a lot of foods for a long time till we found some tasty substitutes, but there are still things that I go without. What I wouldn't do for a Krispy Kreme doughnut :wub: I hope you were encouraged.Stick With :D