Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martyg

Shampoo Question

Hi,

Been awhile since I been here, and I need help with a question. I have very, very fine, thin hair which I henna and perm to try and give it some life. I was thinking of getting a wig, that was how bad it was getting. It was very dry and losing some each day. I finally found a really great shampoo, Wen Lavendar which has worked wonders with my hair, alot less dry and looks and feels so much fuller.

The twist is, I looked at the label last night and there is wheat protein in it. I have not had any upsets (other than the normal spring stuff that usually goes on) and did not know how much of a role shampoo would play with celiac disease.

Any help and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have tried many, many shampoos, from my hairdresser, friends, organic, non organic, baby and nothing has been helpful until now. There was no wheat in any of the previous shampoos.

Thanks,

Marty

IBS-1964

Hashi's-1999

Celiac-2005

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

My shampoo has wheat protein in it and I have used it for months with no problems!(No symptoms and blood work is with in normal limits.)

Each person is different and needs to make their own choice on topicals such as shampoo.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter