Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loregon

Coffee/spice Grinders

Does anyone use a coffee/spice grinder? I want to grind my own flax seed. I bought a Black & Decker grinder and after reading the instruction booklet, it said not to grind anything moist or gummy such as sesame seeds. Since I want to grind flax seed (which are similar to sesame seeds) I will need to return the Black & Decker. Any ideas what brand and model of grinder I should buy?

Thanks,

loregon

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have used my B&D to grind flax seed a handful of times with no problem but I do not have any long term info yet. Since it was a gift, I sure hope is holds up. There won't be any buying a new one for me.

Loregon,

I just bought a grinder/mill from walton feeds that looks really great. I is supposedly the best countertop grinder in the world. ;) It has a Lifetime warranty. It is a little pricey, but if it works like they say I will be more than happy. They offer a wide range of grinders and Flourmills. The link is www.waltonfeed.com. Check them out, maybe you can find one that will work for you.

Mark B)

I bought a GE One-Touch Coffee Grinder from Wal Mart for $13.00, and it works great on my flax. It is easy to clean, and has several coarseness selections.

I burned out a few coffee mills, finally settled on a KitchenAid because it has large capacity, detachable cup for easy cleanup (dishwashable grinding cup). They all seem to get hot after more than a minute or two of grinding.