Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mary B

Daughter And Symptoms...

:( I was just diagnosed with celiac disease - saw the nutritionist today. Anyway, we are awaiting the blood screening on my 11-year-old daughter. I am seriously wondering if she has celiac too. She has always had a funny tummy - lots of spitting up as a baby. She also will sometimes vomit after a meal - no real reason; she's certainly not sick.

Anyway, here are other concerns we have with her... acne (pretty severe for one so young; nothing works on it), mood problems (we're talking severe), ADHD-like symptoms, unexplained hives/rashes, asthma, allergies, nosebleeds... That's just what I can think of right now.

Has anyone else seen anything like this in their children or themselves? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds like classis gluten responses to me. For me, my acne only goes away if I stay away from dairy. They say acne isn't caused by food, but staying away from dairy has been a miracle for my skin. I also use Toms of Maine soap and even though I have dry skin, it doesn't irritate it. Good luck!

Sure have, myself and both my kids. I would give her a good try on the diet no matter what the testing reveals. You may find yourself with a completely different kid in a relatively short time.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)