Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erin17

Babycakes Nyc

Has anyone ever gotten the gluten-free cupcakes from Babycakes in NYC? My sister's wedding is this saturday, and I am thinking about getting cupcakes for the gluten-free guests. Are these cupcakes worth the PATH ride over? If so, how long do they typically stay before going stale. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Don't do it. When they first opened there were lots of cross contamination issues at this place. I myself got sick a couple times from eating there. I persisted in going back because where else can you get gluten-free baked goods here? Well, eventually I just gave up. I have read that they've tried to clean up their act but I won't return. On the other hand i'm sure lots of people will vouch that its fine.

I've had their cupcakes and they are delicious.

I don't know about the shelf life, but I'm sure you can give them a quick call before taking the ride over to find out. As Andrew said, I know they did have some cc issues when they first open, but from what I know they have since been resolved. That was quite some time ago, and I know I have safely eaten their goodies since.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

I have eaten there recently and it was delicious!! I didn't get sick at all

peanut free Nov 06, gluten free June 07, corn and soy free July 08, latex free Oct 08 Banana and kiwi cross reacting with latex allergy

happily vegetarian