This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Lisa Mentor

We make ours by cutting up baby carrots (you can use regular too) and putting some olive oil and seasoning on them. In an earlier post I think I said that I put salt, pepper, brown sugar and cinnamon...it's all to taste. Then bake at 350 til the carrots are tender and slightly brown, I think it took about 20 min in my oven.

Oh! Kinda like roasting. I take a pork tenderloin, slather it with mustard and garlic salt. Surround it with potato quarters and diced carrots and bake.

Or, pork tenderloin and season with garlic salt and lots of apricot preserves and bake.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Cathey Apprentice

Thai Shrimp Curry, snow peas, basmati rice and salad. First try @ homemade Thai, we use to go out once a month for it. DH loved it, said it was better then our favorite place. The boys are coming home this weekend and I'll try it with tofu for our one son who's vegetation. yum.

kareng Grand Master

Reeses PB cups, M&Ms, York Peppermint patties, Skittles.......

Marilyn R Community Regular

LOL! Love ya KarenG! :D

We had brown rice pasta with tomato sauce and smoked chicken and parmesan/feta cheese. Saint boyfriend cleaned up, which probably means I'll have a mess to contend with tomorrow morning! It doesn't matter,sleep is more imortant.

lucia Enthusiast

funny kareng! Cathey, it is amazing how even the ethnic food that comes out of my kitchen can taste better than a restaurant meal! Thai Shrimp Curry - yum!

I caught a cold and feel pretty miserable, so I'm making congee (rice porridge) tonight. I'm adding turnips and bok choy that I picked up yesterday from our CSA (community supported agriculture). I don't feel like eating, but congee always cheers me up.

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

Wendy's Chili--- half of which I ate on the way home :).... so when I got home, I added about 1/2 can of kidney beans to it (think I might try to do that more often, makes it less spciy/ oniony for me)... and also had a piece of Rudi's Multigrain bread , toasted, w/ butter--- just bought the bread for the 1st time today-- it actually smelled like bread when I opened the package! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lucia Enthusiast

Inspired by everyone's pizza nights, I bought a pizza pan (very exciting). And so:

-pumpkin soup

-mesculn greens & sliced apple salad

-pizza with carmelized onion, leek, sun-dried tomato pesto (frozen in batches on love2travel's recommendation) & goat cheese

T.H. Community Regular

Red snapper soup with lots of garlic. :-)

BeFree Contributor

"it actually smelled like bread when I opened the package!"

I love that about the Rudi's and the Udi's bread!

Tonight I am out and busy, and can't eat fast food so I am eating a salad that I packed this morning in my lunchbox. Having to do a lot more of packing food before I leave the house these days.

We had the result of miscommunication tonight. I called DP this afternoon to see if I needed to pick something up at the grocery and he said we had left over smoked pork and potatoes. I thought he was referring to the left over mashed potatoes. I started to make Shepard's Pie and was looking for the smashed taters when he announced that he scarfed those down for lunch, but had defrosted some frozen twice baked potatoes.

We ended up with a pork stir fry and twice baked potato. Strange, but it worked. I used up that stray bit of cauliflower, some onion, fresh green beens, carrot, celery. It filled us up and I'm always happy when I can stick cauliflower in something.

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

Just about to go pop Amy's gluten-free cheese enchilada's in the microwave to eat for dinner tongiht...

Jestgar Rising Star

Slow cooker baked beans

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Potatoes and Pasta (Mark Bittman).

Yum-o with brown rice pasta!!!!

Lisa Mentor

I made some lasagna tonight with some left over spaghetti sauce. It tasted like spaghetti sauce with lasagna noodles and ricotta. Ihhhhh.... :huh: Not impressed.

Converted my "regular" peanut butter cookie recipe....not bad. I hate that gritty aftertaste, though. Wonder if sorghum added to KA would help??

Lisa Mentor

Converted my "regular" peanut butter cookie recipe....not bad. I hate that gritty aftertaste, though. Wonder if sorghum added to KA would help??

Have you tried the easy PB cookies:

One cup sugar

One Cup Peanut Butter

Two eggs

(I think I have that right?)

One cup sugar

One Cup Peanut Butter

Two eggs

No. I am really weird about my cookies....I have never ever liked any other pb cookies other than this recipe. It's VERY close, closer when they cool off. It will work.

sa1937 Community Regular

One cup sugar

One Cup Peanut Butter

Two eggs

I've used this recipe for making PB cookies but only used one egg. Easy peasy and very good...like an emergency PB cookie recipe. :D

lucia Enthusiast

Tonight is Irish Davey's "Egg Baked Potatoes," recipe from this board!

I love these. Along with simple sides: roasted beets & garlic sauteed kale. Thanks, Irish Davey!

Pigs in the blanket and potato chips. Lovely junk food, just what the Dr. ordered.

Lisa Mentor

Pigs in the blanket and potato chips. Lovely junk food, just what the Dr. ordered.

OOOOHHH... I miss those. I used to buy crescent rolls and wrap Hillshire Farms sausages....yummy!

How do you do yours....now.

catsmeow Contributor

Homemade chicken strips, mac and cheese, and sliced fresh strawberries.

Chicken tenderloins breaded in potato starch, fried, then sprinkled with sea salt.

Mac and Cheese-Tinkyada spiral noodles, with cheese sauce made with cheddar and velveeta cheese blue box, milk, all purpose gluten-free flour, garlic powder, mustard powder, sea salt and course black pepper.

MMMMMM....so delicious! My family LOVED IT, and they can wheat. They fight over the chicken everytime I make it.

The deep fat fryer I bought several months ago has been a great investment. I not longer cry for my favorite fried foods since I bought it. I make them gluten-free instead!

OOOOHHH... I miss those. I used to buy crescent rolls and wrap Hillshire Farms sausages....yummy!

How do you do yours....now.

I use 1/2 a recipe of kneaded Chebes bread mix (cost's less than $3), rolled out thin, cut into rectangles or squares. I found a hot dog that has a natural skin with no gums or soy (Kayem brand) at BJ's. Wrap the Chebe's around the dogs and bake at 350 degrees for 20 or 25 minutes. (I broiled them at the end, but I've read since then that you can brush the crust with olive oil to brown better. That's with S&P Kettle brand chips. I love Chebes. Check out their web site.

(I froze the rest of the dough to make 2 sandwich or breakfast rolls.)

1/2 a recipe made 5 pigs in the blanket last night. I'm thinking about trying a sausage roll too.

Lisa Mentor

Those piggies will be on my short list! Thank you :D