• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I must be missing something. I went top foodsaver.com and did not find the Grand Uno Flatbread Maker. I even tried to search for it using each individual word and such, but no luck... :( Any suggestions?

God bless,

Mariann

Guest nini

Kasey's Mom, the Enjoy Life Cookies are great! Chey and I both love the no oats oatmeal cookies, the chewy chocolate chip ones are good too, you can crumble these cookies up in a pie pan and make a pie crust with them that you don't have to bake, and you can fill it with any kind of filling you like (spiced apples, pudding or pudding substitutes, or other fruits... )

The Don Pancho Tortillas are pretty good and if you click the link on the gluten free food bullet on the homepage of celiac.com it will link you to the Gluten Free Mall and they carry them and ship them.

A good lunch idea is lightly toast frozen waffles, let cool then spread with peanut butter and fluff or jelly. Trader Joe's waffles taste like EGGO's and have a much nicer texture then the Van's. The waffles make great breakfast sandwiches....bacon, egg and velveeta are my daughter's favorite.

Gillian's pizza dough can be rolled into thin circle using parchment paper over and under and layer pepperoni and cheese or your favorite gluten-free lunch meats on one half then fold and close edges forming a semi-circle....brush with olive oil and cut a few slits in the top.....bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until light brown...this packs well for lunch and is good heated or at room temp.

Kathy B

I just bought so Food For Life Rice Tortillas. And I don't mind them. I think they solved their problem about sticking together. Both packages I bought had wax paper between each tortilla. Therefor the came apart easily. I heated them over my gas stove and filled them. They are a little chewyer than white flour tortillas, but not bad. Again it is personal taste, but I did want to let everyone know that they have solved the problem of the tortillas sticking together.

I found the tortilla maker on overstock for around $47. I'm not usre if this is the cheapest place or not but I might give it a try. For a sweet treat you can brush the gluten free, flour tortilla with oil or butter, cinnamon, and sugar and stevia and broil on both sides. :) I think the waffles are a great idea. I've been trying to think of lunch box alternatives! Is Trader Joe's a grocery store?

I found the tortilla maker on overstock for around $47. I'm not usre if this is the cheapest place or not but I might give it a try. For a sweet treat you can brush the flour tortilla with oil or butter, cinnamon, and sugar and stevia and broil on both sides. :)

I think not. We really don't want to eat flour tortillas, do we? :D

However, I'd try it with a corn or rice tortilla! Good idea!

Terri,

You're right! Just so used to saying "flour" now for rice flour, bean flour ect. Funny how quickly things change. :lol: Not great for newbie's though......I'll edit. :D

Back to tortillas again. I've been to our local grocery stores and they only carry the flour tortillas from Mission. I contacted the supplier in hopes that they'll consider carrying the corn tortillas. The only corn tortillas I can find are Pepitos. Does anyone know about these tortillas?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.