Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I must be missing something. I went top foodsaver.com and did not find the Grand Uno Flatbread Maker. I even tried to search for it using each individual word and such, but no luck... :( Any suggestions?

God bless,

Mariann

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

Join eNewsletter

Guest nini

Kasey's Mom, the Enjoy Life Cookies are great! Chey and I both love the no oats oatmeal cookies, the chewy chocolate chip ones are good too, you can crumble these cookies up in a pie pan and make a pie crust with them that you don't have to bake, and you can fill it with any kind of filling you like (spiced apples, pudding or pudding substitutes, or other fruits... )

Join eNewsletter

The Don Pancho Tortillas are pretty good and if you click the link on the gluten free food bullet on the homepage of celiac.com it will link you to the Gluten Free Mall and they carry them and ship them.

A good lunch idea is lightly toast frozen waffles, let cool then spread with peanut butter and fluff or jelly. Trader Joe's waffles taste like EGGO's and have a much nicer texture then the Van's. The waffles make great breakfast sandwiches....bacon, egg and velveeta are my daughter's favorite.

Gillian's pizza dough can be rolled into thin circle using parchment paper over and under and layer pepperoni and cheese or your favorite gluten-free lunch meats on one half then fold and close edges forming a semi-circle....brush with olive oil and cut a few slits in the top.....bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until light brown...this packs well for lunch and is good heated or at room temp.

Kathy B

Join eNewsletter

I just bought so Food For Life Rice Tortillas. And I don't mind them. I think they solved their problem about sticking together. Both packages I bought had wax paper between each tortilla. Therefor the came apart easily. I heated them over my gas stove and filled them. They are a little chewyer than white flour tortillas, but not bad. Again it is personal taste, but I did want to let everyone know that they have solved the problem of the tortillas sticking together.

Taneil

Enterolab Diagnosed May 2004

gluten-free/CF and have both genes

Psalm 27:13-14

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait for the LORD;

Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

Join eNewsletter

I found the tortilla maker on overstock for around $47. I'm not usre if this is the cheapest place or not but I might give it a try. For a sweet treat you can brush the gluten free, flour tortilla with oil or butter, cinnamon, and sugar and stevia and broil on both sides. :) I think the waffles are a great idea. I've been trying to think of lunch box alternatives! Is Trader Joe's a grocery store?

Join eNewsletter

I found the tortilla maker on overstock for around $47. I'm not usre if this is the cheapest place or not but I might give it a try. For a sweet treat you can brush the flour tortilla with oil or butter, cinnamon, and sugar and stevia and broil on both sides. :)

I think not. We really don't want to eat flour tortillas, do we? :D

However, I'd try it with a corn or rice tortilla! Good idea!

Terri

Northern Virginia

gluten-free since March 27, 2004

Join eNewsletter

Back to tortillas again. I've been to our local grocery stores and they only carry the flour tortillas from Mission. I contacted the supplier in hopes that they'll consider carrying the corn tortillas. The only corn tortillas I can find are Pepitos. Does anyone know about these tortillas?

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter