NorthernElf

Survived 2 Weeks Of Spring Breaks Away

Rate this topic

Just got back from spending 2 weeks with relatives, only got mildly glutened a couple of times. It was a good holiday but I am so glad to be back home - & in my own kitchen, with my own food/freezer/etc. I am going to make good stuff this week so I can treat myself a bit ! Over the last two weeks I have watched folks eat Chinese food, pizza, fish & chips, etc. while I prepared my little bit of gluten-free food. I have sat in restaurants & had plain salads while everyone else has burgers, etc. I don't care what they eat but I hate smelling it while I eat my frozen gluten-free veggies burgers or whatever gluten-free food I got at the local market (I don't like to cook in non gluten-free pots - that's how I got got one day - cooked a burger in a cast iron pan).

Honestly, I mostly don't begrudge folks what they eat (I have my moments!), it's not their fault I'm gluten-free and they want to eat what they want to eat. It would be nice if they offered me some alternatives though. The chinese food night was with 15 relatives at a house, the pizza & fish & chips was also brought in for my inlaws & my family...no gluten-free alternatives were. (*whine*) I guess I just don't like to be forgotten...though I do dig in and, maybe it's petty of me, but I did not help clean up after the chinese food...it smelled so good....

I can get through a night here & there doing my gluten-free thing while people eat whatever....but 2 weeks away really is a test !

Anyway, that was my rant...I'm making chinese-like food for supper tonight....yum ! Fried rice, lemon chicken...maybe some spring rolls in there too just because...

Anyway, that was my rant...I'm making chinese-like food for supper tonight....yum ! Fried rice, lemon chicken...maybe some spring rolls in there too just because...

and dessert