Haylsinator

Am I Being Glutened Or Is This Something Else?

Rate this topic

I've been struggling with gluten-esque symtpoms for quite awhile and have just accepted them. I eat gluten free and I'm pretty careful so I'm not sure what the problem is. However, I was finally able to notice that I have symptoms after drinking 4C Totally Light 2 Go energy drink packets. I've looked thorugh the ingredients, however, and can't seem to locate anything with gluten. I thought perhaps the sucralose was the problem, but I drink Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa with Splenda without issues. Does anyone have any ideas? I'll post the ingredients for the water packets below. Thank you so much!

Ingredients

Berry Ingredients: Citric Acid, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Citrate, Caffeine, Acesulfame Potassium, Natural (Mixed) Berry Flavors, Sucralose (Splenda Brand), Niacinamide (B3), Calcium Pantothenate (B5), Pyridoxine HCl (B6), Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Red 40 & Blue 1, Folic Acid (B9), Cyanocobalamine (B12).

Citrus: Citric Acid, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Citrate, Caffeine, Natural Citrus Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose (Splenda Brand), Niacinamide (B3), Calcium Pantothenate (B5), Pyridoxine HCl (B6), Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Yellow 5, Folic Acid (B9), Cyanocobalamin (B12).

Orange: Citric Acid, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Citrate, Natural Orange Flavor, Caffeine, Acesulfame Potassium Sucralose (Splenda Brand), Niacinamide (B3), Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Pantothenate (B5), FD&C Yellow 5, Pyridoxine HCl (B6), FD&C Red 40, Folic Acid (B9), Cyanocobalamine (B12).

I am kind of wary of anything that has that many chemical ingredients. I don't know what half of them are. I try to limit myself to foods that I can actually pronounce.