This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fda Reopens Comment Period On Proposed

kenlove

kenlove Rising Star

Open Original Shared Link

is the link that shows you how to leave comments on the US FDA site for:

FDA NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release: Aug. 2, 2011Media Inquiries: Siobhan DeLancey, 202-510-4177, Open Original Shared LinkTrade Inquiries: Stephen King, 240-402-1407, Open Original Shared LinkConsumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA FDA reopens comment period on proposed

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Takala Enthusiast

Brigadoon! Groundhog day! We get to do it again!

Well, so glad to see that Senators Leahy and Wyden, plus the others who put on that "awareness" thing in DC, may have had some effect on this FDA logjam !

Ken, can you have a look at this, and tell us if you think this is a typo or not?

It's from Boston.com

Open Original Shared Link

Now, though, the agency is moving forward with a new standard that manufacturers will be required to meet before they can slap on the gluten-free label. Federal officials are proposing that cookies, bread, and other wheat products making this claim can contain no more that 20 parts per million of gluten, a level below which gluten can

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I'm still thinking about this issue and trying to decide how to respond/comment. I really hope those are typo's! Would love to read some other's thoughts and comments on this.

kenlove Rising Star

for some reason the Open Original Shared Link link didnt work for me.

that 2mg is something like

.ooo1 of an ounce I think,

Im pretty sensitive and never take chances anyway

kenlove Rising Star

Got it open finally -- thanks for the Link-- not sure what to make of it all -- They seem to have ti down pat in Italy --

here there are too many companies with big $ gumming up the works.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

I commented on the ruling and said I want gluten free* with an asterisc if there is up to 20ppm of gluten, with a clarification posted on the label.

We are looking for foods that are free from ANY gluten, which is vital to our health, not low in gluten. If several of those items are consumed daily they add up to trouble!

Once a person is diagnosed they are told to eat NO gluten. We have to rely on good labeling to ensue we are not consuming it.

Archived