MerrillC1977

"gluten Free Lifestyle" By Katie Ross

Rate this topic

Has anyone ordered/used the "Gluten Free Lifestyle" by Katie Ross cookbook series? Is it worth it? Should I shell out the money? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Thhis is what they look like:

complete.png

I've never seen a cookbook by her in my library, but I live a small town.

I generally check cookbooks out from the library before purchasing them to see if they're worthwhile.

It looks like a spendy purchase. I probably wouldn't invest anything more than $30 including shipping. I find it pretty easy to get ideas and recipes online for free.

My sister bought me a gluten-free cookbook and I haven't made one recipe in it, even though I cook every meal we eat, and have for 17 months.

I'd rather spend the money on good things to eat! :D

I've never seen a cookbook by her in my library, but I live a small town.

I generally check cookbooks out from the library before purchasing them to see if they're worthwhile.

It looks like a spendy purchase. I probably wouldn't invest anything more than $30 including shipping. I find it pretty easy to get ideas and recipes online for free.

My sister bought me a gluten-free cookbook and I haven't made one recipe in it, even though I cook every meal we eat, and have for 17 months.

I'd rather spend the money on good things to eat! :D

It's actually an eBook series (no physical books, just PDF's), and there are 14 volumes in the set, plus some bonus recipes. We bought it, and it doesn't seem bad at all. The "book" on flours alone has a lot of good information in it....how each one tastes, what their best purpose is, etc. I tent to just take regular recipes and modify them myself to make them gluten-free, but I always like a good cookbook for new ideas, or for learning new informatoin and techniques so that I can make stuff up or experiement on my own. :)

Was it a worthwhile expenditure? Would you recommend it to friends who can't tolerate gluten?

Was it a worthwhile expenditure? Would you recommend it to friends who can't tolerate gluten?

I haven't read or tried any of the actual recipes yet, but as far as educational content about flours, gluten-free cooking in general, etc...yes, I think it's worth it. You can get the whole series for about $40 I think it was.