TanyaC

New Here, ? On Best Corn Meal, Aw Ha Moment

Rate this topic

I am new here, recently diagnosed. I was wondering what brand of gluten free corn meal mix you would suggest. My husband (Tennessee born and bred lol) loves beans and corn bread and I am hoping I can find a gluten free brand that both of us can enjoy (Hubby does not have celica disease).

Thanks!

Tanya

Oh...I want to share my Aw Ha moment from this morning. I am standing in the bedroom putting on my socks and shoes and I don't have to "hold" on to the bed post like I always did before or I would loose my balance. Then it hit me. I had read on here about one problem with celiac disease was balance issues. It seems like in less then 2 weeks my balance is already getting better.

And I got on the scale this morning and have already lost almost 5 pounds in less then 2 weeks :) woo hoo !!!!

Thanks everyone for all your great posts and information. You are going to make this journey to a healthier happier me so much easier.

Glad to hear you're feeling better already!

I just made Bob's Red Mill G.F. Cornbread Mix tonight and it was delicious!!! You won't be able to tell a difference.

As long as you are not sensitive to oats Bob's Red Mill is a good one. There isn't any oats in the mix but it is processed in the same plant. I get the corn flour rather than the corn bread mix as I don't like sorghum which is in the mix.

As long as you are not sensitive to oats Bob's Red Mill is a good one. There isn't any oats in the mix but it is processed in the same plant. I get the corn flour rather than the corn bread mix as I don't like sorghum which is in the mix.

Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Cornbread is fantastic!! I love my beans and cornbread, too, so I was pleasantly suprised to find a good mix! IT's really easy to make, too!

P.S. Where in TN is your hubby from? I lived in Memphis for 10 years....still miss that place (especially during the long Chicago winters)! :(