amcouch

My Recent Experience

Rate this topic

Hello,

I thought I would share my testing experience bc I was nervous about it all and this board helped a lot!

After a very positive blood test I went gluten-free for 6 weeks. After seeing a GI he wanted to do an endoscopy. He old me to go back on gluten immediately and scheduled the scope for 6 days later. I was nervous bc everything I had read said you need to be back on gluten for a minimum of 1-2 months. Nevertheless, the biopsy came back positive. Maybe being gluten-free for only 6 weeks wasn't long enough to do any healing. I am also one if those lucky people that doesn't have much of a reaction to gluten. Just bloating and a little anxiety. I've actually gained 40 lbs in the past 6 years.

Anyway, good luck to all of you going through the testing process!

Wow we're opposites.

I had most of the horrid symptoms and went gluten-free on my own out of sheer desperation.

Six weeks after going gluten-free I had a negative IGA blood draw. I argued with by Gastro about having an endoscopy and biopsy for a while. Six months later, my "Gold Test" turned out negative. I don't have a diagnosis, but get whipped every which way when I consume gluten by mistake. :ph34r:

Isn't that weird?