Strawberry_Jam

Beauty Products Made On Shared Lines

Rate this topic

yeah I don't eat gluten foods made on shared lines. but I have a face moisturiser that I use which contains no gluten ingredients but it is made in a factory and on equipment that handles oat milk and wheatgerm oil. However it's from LUSH so the products are handmade, not factory made. However, I know that people with peanut allergies have had problems with LUSH in the past tho where no-peanut-ingredient items end up with peanut contamination and cause skin reactions.

however, it's in a lotion that goes on my face. even the small amount that gets in the mouth does not have direct gluten ingredients, only a small amount of POSSIBLE but not certain CC.

something I should worry about?

I don't have DH. I recently was having a good stomach but the past few days my reflux is back. it could be anything. I'd love to blame some product like the face cream but in reality it's probably CC from the curry i've had recently, soya CC in some new item i've tried, delayed alcohol reaction from new years, and so on and so on...

thanks for input

however, it's in a lotion that goes on my face. even the small amount that gets in the mouth does not have direct gluten ingredients, only a small amount of POSSIBLE but not certain CC.

something I should worry about?

Do you normally ingest lotion that you put on your face? You mentioned the small amount that gets in your mouth has no direct gluten ingredients but you should be taking care not to get any in your mouth as eating non-food items like face lotion probably aren't good to eat anyway, never mind the gluten problem. ;) If you do not feel comfortable using something that may have the extremely small possibility of having oats in it, then I would suggest using a cream that is totally gluten-free. This is not something I would worry about, even being as sensitive as I am. I make a point to never eat face cream or make-up!

I think the other reasons you mentioned may be the cause of your reflux. You mentioned quite a few reasons, good solid reasons you may be experiencing it's return. Curry and alcohol would be far more likely than facial lotion to cause acid reflux.