Littllemel

For All Of You Lactose Intolerance Sufferers...

Rate this topic

Just got this email from KRAFT and thought I would share!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for Contacting Us!

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for visiting http://www.kraftfoods.com/.

I'm glad that you took a minute to inquire about the lactose in KRAFT Natural Cheese.

While I can't give you the lactose levels of all our products, I can give you some specific details about lactose in our cheeses.

Natural cheeses are products like CRACKER BARREL Natural Cheese, KRAFT Natural Cheese (brick, slices and shreds) and KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese. In natural cheeses the lactose is removed with the whey during processing.

Unripened cheese such as cottage cheese, cream cheese and processed cheeses like VELVEETA and American SINGLES often have several grams of lactose per serving.

If you're not doing so already, I'd recommend you check the ingredient statement on the product packaging. If you see ingredients like milk, milk products, nonfat milk, milk solids or whey this often means the product will contain some lactose.

If you'd like more personal dietary information that's specific to your needs you may want to talk with your physician. I'm also going to pass along the phone number for The American Dietetic Association, which you may reach toll-free at (800) 366-1655. They'll be able to put you in touch with a registered dietitian who can help you on a more personal level.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Kim McMiller

Associate Director, Consumer Relations

~~TLXEA_23334437~~N

------------------------------------------------------------------

Does your Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese contain Lactose?