Marie1976

Enzymes? Probiotics? B-12?

Rate this topic

I posted this on another category already and someone suggested I cut out soy for a while, which I think I will do (but will be a challenge since I'm vegan and eat a lot of tofu), but in the meantime, I've been researching different things that could help me:

I read that enzymes and probiotics can help with bloating which I am still having after all this time. Anyone else get bloated and burp after eating? I wake up with a flat (well, relatively speaking, ha ha) belly and then by the end of the day on some days I look like I'm pregnant. I do eat soy yogurt right now, with acidophilus etc., but I've read that some people are getting sick ("die-off"?) after starting probiotic pills so I'm a little hesitant to try...

Which would be better to try first? Enzymes or probiotics?

I've also read that sub B-12 can help with moodiness (I'm really irritable lately). I put nutritional yeast (a vegan B vitamin supplement) in my smoothies occasionally. Is that enough? Or do I need a daily B12?

Also, I'm taking l-glutamine powder which I can't tell if it's really helping. Sometimes it seems like it is and sometimes not.

Any opinions/advice appreciated! Thank you! :)

P.S. I have had a cold for about two weeks, I am operating on a sleep deficit as I was awake all night with a sinus headache/fever. Does celiac make your immune system weaker? Why can't I kick this? :(

Hi Marie. I am in your boat. Haven't slept well for months now.

I take a b12 stress complex by Twin Labs. 3x daily

I take a refrigerated probiotic with a 15billion count. once at night

I take a quality multi. 3x daily I use Natures Way Alive Max Potency

10K UI of Vitamin D

3K IU of Vitamin C.

1K IU of Vitamin E

I'm looking at 1-2 years before my GI is healed, and it might not ever fully heal. Time will tell.

I believe celiac makes your immune system weaker, if you're very fatigued read up on chronic fatigue syndrome.

I'm moody as heck too, I believe this is due to sleep deprivation. I'm finally getting a bit over 5 hours of sleep a night, I was only getting about 3 on average at my worst.

I use aroma therapy and sound therapy for my sleep and it's helped a lot. Read up on making your bedroom sleep friendly. Read up on breathing and relaxation exercises. All of this helped me gain a couple hours of sleep a night and I'm starting to get a bit more as time goes on.

Melatonin or Tryptophan are natural sleep aids. I have melatonin at home and am going to try it this weekend.

Sleepytime tea might help too. The one i have has valerian in it and that is also a natural sleep aid.

• Upvote 1

I posted this on another category already and someone suggested I cut out soy for a while, which I think I will do (but will be a challenge since I'm vegan and eat a lot of tofu), but in the meantime, I've been researching different things that could help me:

I read that enzymes and probiotics can help with bloating which I am still having after all this time. Anyone else get bloated and burp after eating? I wake up with a flat (well, relatively speaking, ha ha) belly and then by the end of the day on some days I look like I'm pregnant. I do eat soy yogurt right now, with acidophilus etc., but I've read that some people are getting sick ("die-off"?) after starting probiotic pills so I'm a little hesitant to try...

Which would be better to try first? Enzymes or probiotics?

I've also read that sub B-12 can help with moodiness (I'm really irritable lately). I put nutritional yeast (a vegan B vitamin supplement) in my smoothies occasionally. Is that enough? Or do I need a daily B12?

Also, I'm taking l-glutamine powder which I can't tell if it's really helping. Sometimes it seems like it is and sometimes not.

Any opinions/advice appreciated! Thank you! :)

P.S. I have had a cold for about two weeks, I am operating on a sleep deficit as I was awake all night with a sinus headache/fever. Does celiac make your immune system weaker? Why can't I kick this? :(

If you have damage in your duodenum, where the hormone CCK is made, you may not be digesting your food well? CCK tells your gallbladder to squeeeze bile and pancreas to release digestive enzymes when you eat. The fact that you are bloating would suggest your food is fermenting, rather than getting broken down as it should.

Taking a dgestive enzyme supplement really helps, and probiotics do too. Probiotics are the "good bacteria" that help digest food and they help your immune system too. The good bacteria is what is in yogurt, but supplements have much higher numbers. It's a good idea to supplement with a capsule to ensure you're getting a good dose. Your stomach acid *could* kill off the good guys in your yogurt.

Good bacteria crowds out "bad bacteria" and yeast that like to take over your small intestine when it isn't healthy.

If you have damage in your duodenum, where the hormone CCK is made, you may not be digesting your food well? CCK tells your gallbladder to squeeeze bile and pancreas to release digestive enzymes when you eat. The fact that you are bloating would suggest your food is fermenting, rather than getting broken down as it should.

Taking a dgestive enzyme supplement really helps, and probiotics do too. Probiotics are the "good bacteria" that help digest food and they help your immune system too. The good bacteria is what is in yogurt, but supplements have much higher numbers. It's a good idea to supplement with a capsule to ensure you're getting a good dose. Your stomach acid *could* kill off the good guys in your yogurt.

Good bacteria crowds out "bad bacteria" and yeast that like to take over your small intestine when it isn't healthy.

Hmmm. Interesting. My endo did show a lot of damage apparently so duodenum damage seems like a possibility. I think I'm going to have to try some probiotics anyway since I just started taking antibiotics for this sinus infection. Thanks!