- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
High Prevalence of Celiac Disease in Healthy Adults Revealed by Anti-gliadin Antibodies
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This study was done by testing random blood samples from healthy bloodendoscopic examination. Some refused. One in 256 of those who underwent endoscopy were identified as having celiac disease. Everyone in this study thought themselves healthy enough to be donating blood without being asked to do so. Extrapolating from the number who consented to endoscopy, had the ratio remained constant, the proportion would have been One in 187. Again, these were healthy blood donors, not folks in a GI department of a hospital.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
- New Study Indicates Some Home Genetic Test Kits May Not Be Accurate
- Abnormal T-Lymphocytes in Refractory Celiac Detected Outside Small Intestinal Intraepithelia
- Higher Rate of Gastrointestinal Symptoms in Women with Treated Celiac Disease
- Do Adults with High Gliadin Antibody Concentrations have Subclinical Gluten Intolerance?