Is it Gluten-free? Are you sure?
I am 60 years old. An Architect and Landscape Architect by training, graduating in both in 1974. I have an MBA (Master of Business Administration Degree) from Melbourne University in 1990. My family have owned FG Roberts (a gluten free/soy products factory in Melbourne Australia) for 54 years. I have been employed by the company full time since 1980 in various technical, management, operational, product development, research and marketing roles. My Web site is: www.glutenfreehealth.net
- Food Manufactures add “vital gluten” (gluten that is specifically processed from high-gluten-contained wheat) to wheat flour to give it more binding power.
- Gluten is used in the manufacturing of virtually all boxed, packaged and tinned processed foods to create textures that are more palatable to our taste buds, and are used as binders, thickeners and coatings.
- Gluten is even used to make many commercial glues such as those used on envelopes and stamps.
- Even if you were consuming the same amount of grains
- Barbecue sauce
- Biscuits and cakes
- Breaded fish, chicken and seafood
- Bread - even potato bread and rice bread
- Potato crisps
- Most frozen dinners
- Pies and Pasties
- Rice Mixes
- Sauce and gravies
- Some ice creams
- Some salad dressings
- Some soy sauces
- Teriyaki sauce
- Tinned and dried soups
- And many, many more items!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).