- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Blueberry Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Betty Wedman-St Louis, PhD, RD
Betty Wedman-St Louis, PhD, RD is Assistant Professor, NY Chiropractic College, MS Clinical Nutrition Program Nutrition Assessment Course & Food Science Course.Â She is author of the following books:
- Fast and Simple Diabetes Menus, McGraw Hill Companies
- Diabetes Meals on the Run, Contemporary Books
- Living With Food Allergies, Contemporary Books
- Diabetic Desserts, Contemporary Books
- Quick & Easy Diabetes Menus Cookbook, Contemporary Books
- American Diabetes Association Holiday Cookbook and Parties & Special Celebrations Cookbook, Prentice Hall Books
View all articles by Betty Wedman-St Louis, PhD, RD
The finished blueberry muffins. Photo: CC--thebittenword.com
This recipe originally appeared in the Autumn 2010 edition of Celiac.com's Journal of Gluten-Sensitivity.
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup rice bran
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey
¾ cup orange juice or water
½ cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine flour, bran, baking powder in bowl. Stir to mix. Add rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Spoon into lightly oiled muffin cups. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until brown. Makes 9 muffins.
One muffin = 151 calories, 3 g Protein, 21g Carbohydrates, 8g Fat, 194mg Sodium
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).