- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Birthdays: Easy Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Birthdays: Easy Gluten Free Ice Cream Cake
Melissa Bess Reed has been living gluten-free after diagnosed with celiac disease in 1998, and Hashimoto Thyroiditis in 2012. Both autoimmune disorders require a gluten-free diet. Melissa is a CMA via an Associate of Science Degree in Medical Assisting. She graduated top of her class Alpha Beta Kappa, volunteers for Celiac Disease Foundation Team Gluten Free and is an advocate for awareness groups like National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. She has continued on to Law School working on a Juris Doctorate Degree. Melissa has a Harvard Medical School CME Certification for Celiac Disease Gluten-Free Diet Education and a Great Kitchens NFCA Gluten-Free FOH Training Certificate. She is an author of gluten-free cookbooks and has a certified gluten-free line of foods; Gluten Free Lifestyle Series. PHOTO CREDIT: Kelly Segre
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Blog
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Facebook
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Twitter
Celiac.com 08/14/2014 - I have missed ice cream cakes since I was diagnosed with celiac disease. Below is a make-ahead ice cream cake for a gluten-free birthday celebration, so that no one has to miss ice cream cake again!
You will need:
- 1 Gluten Free Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- ½ - 1 gallon Gluten Free Vanilla Ice Cream, or Favorite GF Ice Cream Flavor
- 1- 2 Containers Duncan Hines or other Gluten Free Fudge Frosting
- Cake Decorating Frosting, optional to write happy birthday message
- Candles, optional for birthday party.
- Bake the Gluten free Devil’s Food Cake as per box instructions, in two 8” cake pans. Remove from oven and cool.
- When the cake is completely cool, take the ice cream out of freezer to soften.
- Place one Gluten Free Cake Layer on a cake platter. Put an even layer of softened ice cream on top. Next, place the other Gluten Free Cake Layer on top of the softened ice cream. If the ice cream is getting to soft place the cake in the freezer for 10 minutes before frosting.
- After frosting the cake put it back into the freezer until about to serve.
- Take out 10 minutes before serving, add birthday candles to top if using and enjoy!
- “Eat well and live well!”-Melissa Bess Reed
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).