- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Top Ten Gluten-free Halloween Treats
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 10/24/2014 - Here are ten recipes for make-at-home Halloween treats that are guaranteed to put smiles on the faces of your young ones, and help you to breath a sigh of gluten-free relief.
The recipes are gluten-free, or easily modified to be gluten-free. Remember to double-check ingredients, such as caramel (I use Kraft caramels without any issues).
Also, many of these recipes list ingredients that acre fat-free, sugar-free, low-fat, and/or low sugar. I always ignore such instructions and include full-fat, full-sugar alternatives, but prepare according to your own tastes.
Top Ten Gluten-free Halloween Treats:
- Caramel Apples - http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/caramel-apples
- Caramel Corn - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/grandma-pauls-caramel-corn-recipe.html
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/roasted-pumpkin-seeds
- Garlic Pumpkin Seeds - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-pumpkin-seeds
- Strawberry Chocolate Ghosts - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/strawberry-ghosts
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Mousse - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/butterscotch-pumpkin-mousse
- Scary Halloween Apple Teeth Treats - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Halloween-Fruit-Apple-Teeth-Treats/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
- Spooky Halloween Brain Dip - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Halloween-Brain-Dip/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
- Two-Layer Halloween Fudge - http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/10/halloween-fudge/
- Ghoulish Deviled Eyeballs - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Halloween-Eye-of-Newt/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Global Gluten-free Market Will Reach $6.2 Billion by 2018
The worldwide market for gluten-free products market will continue to grow, reaching $6.... [READ MORE]
Is a Food Allergy a 'Legitimate' Disability?
In an article for Fox News, Hans von Spakovsky, a senior fellow at the right-wing Heritage Foundation, ridicules the idea that the Department of Justice (DoJ) should use its weight to force colleges and universities to accommodate students with food allergies under the Americans with Disabilities Act.... [READ MORE]
Great Gluten-free Bread from USDA Scientists?
It might be rocket science, after all.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Mother's Day
Mother's day is right around the corner, and what better way to tell your mom you love her, than to make her a lovely gluten-free brunch.... [READ MORE]