- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Top Ten Gluten-free Halloween Treats
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 10/24/2014 - Here are ten recipes for make-at-home Halloween treats that are guaranteed to put smiles on the faces of your young ones, and help you to breath a sigh of gluten-free relief.
The recipes are gluten-free, or easily modified to be gluten-free. Remember to double-check ingredients, such as caramel (I use Kraft caramels without any issues).
Also, many of these recipes list ingredients that acre fat-free, sugar-free, low-fat, and/or low sugar. I always ignore such instructions and include full-fat, full-sugar alternatives, but prepare according to your own tastes.
Top Ten Gluten-free Halloween Treats:
- Caramel Apples - http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/caramel-apples
- Caramel Corn - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/grandma-pauls-caramel-corn-recipe.html
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/roasted-pumpkin-seeds
- Garlic Pumpkin Seeds - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-pumpkin-seeds
- Strawberry Chocolate Ghosts - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/strawberry-ghosts
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Mousse - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/butterscotch-pumpkin-mousse
- Scary Halloween Apple Teeth Treats - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Halloween-Fruit-Apple-Teeth-Treats/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
- Spooky Halloween Brain Dip - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Halloween-Brain-Dip/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
- Two-Layer Halloween Fudge - http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/10/halloween-fudge/
- Ghoulish Deviled Eyeballs - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Halloween-Eye-of-Newt/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).