3 replies to this topic

#1 Vinturi

Vinturi

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Those damn delicious cadbury eggs! I ate 2 minis and 2hrs later comes the sweating, chills, horrible cramps, D, nausea, headache, exhaustion and the list could go on! What was I thinking?

What do you do to handle the aftermath? I was diagnosed Celiac just 10 weeks ago, but I still can't believe I was so careless. It is a reminder to be so careful, that's for sure.

I wish there were some kind of miracle pill for this!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I tell myself no, its not worth the trouble.

I don't do candy anymore for a reason. As a child i only really ate atomic fireballs (had to stop after my tongue decided to go all rough and irritated and last for a week or two without the ability to taste and being really sore), gum does the same (cinnamon flavor). I think its due to the red food coloring in it... (this was before i knew i had major problems with it) There was also a similar incident with another type of candy on a stick, but i think that it was just too much sugar at a time (candy has long since stopped being produced). Made my tongue rough but not as bad as the red stuff does (no hurting, no loss of taste, no irritation). I had to stop chocolate because my GERD would act up so bad that it wasn't even worth it.

My favorite "candy" at the moment? Take an apple, cut it up. Refrigerate honey overnight in the fridge. Put some honey on the plate with the apple as a dip. Honey turns into the consistency of a soft caramel. Yum, Yum.

Lots of water, foods that are easy on the stomach, and heating pads are lovely for those unwanted cramps.

#3 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

You have to find your way around things that you can't let go of. For me it's cookies... totally addicted. But if you want some positivity about this whole experience, check out glutenfreegirl.com - amazing articles about her life gluten free and great recipes.

It will get easier, you just have to embrace it as part of who you are as well as not letting it define you.

As to coping, probiotics to replenish what your body just flushed out, crappy but awesome movies (trash TV works too any guilty pleasure), lots of blankets or whatever you need to feel comfortable, and water.

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

#4 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Pepto Bismol and aspirin.   Lots of water and pro-biotics.  Maybe some peppermint tea.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: