2 replies to this topic

#1 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

I was talking to Adelaide through email a while back, comparing aches and pains. We both agreed we didn't like electric heating pads, especially at bedtime. Well, it turns out that she's been making the kind filled with buckwheat that you put in the microwave. She sent me a couple and they are WONDERFUL!

Even in this heat, or should I say especially in this heat because of the fan blowing on me, I need to keep the back of my neck warm because of my cervical ribs (a birth defect). I can lie in bed with all that nice cool air blowing on me but still apply heat to my neck now. I'm cool, my neck is warm, and even though there's no one there to see it but the cat, they are pretty. Addie knows how much I love elephants so the square one (the other is long and narrow - I can use it for my jaw) is covered with flannel that has elephants on it. 

I had always heard about these things but until I found out my friend actually makes them I never tried one. Now I know why people love them!

So anyway, I wanted to give a public thanks to Addie, for making my stiff and sore old bones feel better!

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Addy !!!!!  I need your address and cost of them (privately, of course) and I'll send you a check..  I want two please  :D  I have heard all great reviews about them.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

I'm so glad you feel better! And we all know that happiness and smiling is good for the soul so little things like elephants that only you and your cat will see will help. That is why all of mine are giraffes! :lol: I find that with the AC I have to snuggle up with mine this summer because BRRRR!!!!! Fortunately I have plenty to binge watch on Netflix and I love to read so I have lots to keep me busy while I'm snuggled up in bed. ^_^

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: