Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sleepless In Canada

3 posts in this topic

I am usually constipated in the evening and can't fall asleep. I usually have to resort to a sleeping pill.I wake up early with diarrhea. I have been gluten-free for 7 weeks. When will this end? :(

Ads by Google:

When will symptoms end? Well, there are those lucky people who get miraculously better in less than a month. Every celiac's body is different so there's no set time, but on average, I'd say it can take a few months. I've been gluten-free for six months and I'm definitely not feeling better. There are numerous people on the board who don't feel better or felt better after a year, and on the high end, people can take even a year and a half or two years to feel completely better. I felt really tired of symptoms after two or three months on the diet also--felt like--I'm doing everything right--why aren't I better.......now 6 months in, it's even more frustrating......patience is key.......there's nothing you can do, but be careful and have patience. It's the doctor's job to find out if there's something else wrong or if it will just take time.......good luck.

don't forget that there could be other things causing the diahrrea as well. have you tried keeping a food diary and/or changing your diet beyond just the gluten-free diet?