Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Excersing After Being Glutened?

6 posts in this topic

When i am glutened, even a little bit, i can't even get the energy to get off the floor for days.

I need to excercise because of my energy and my mood. I get severly depressed without movement. I am only 20, does anybody have advice for coping with this.

Magdalena, On, Canada

Ads by Google:

Start out slow - maybe just a walk around the block - and get plenty of liquids. Take it easy, and treat it as though you were sick. It's hard, I know. :-( I also find it hard to exercise for a few days after getting glutened as well.

I get the low energy, too. I can relate to what you're saying about how depressing it is not to have the enery to move about. You just need to make yourself do it. Like Tiffany said, start off small. I hope you start feeling better when you have a gluten slip.

Kristina

I agree with everyone else--start out gradually and then use your body's response to exercise to determine what works/doesn't. I'm not sure I've read your other posts, but have you started the gluten-free diet? If so, how long?

Good luck, and good health,

I have found that when I exercise after a contaminatin (only once I can happily get off of the couch) my body reacts very strongly one of two ways. Either it is a relief to move and it feels wonderful, or, if I try to early, it can feel terrible, and then I just turn around and do some more resting. At this point, my theory is to try, and not be hard on myself if I have to give up.

Lib

My excersise program lately has been doing a little Tai Chi, has everyone tired that? I am overweight (65 lbs) and have been looking for ways for years to feel better not know that I've had gluten problems for what we know think is at least 10 years. Some of the tai chi tapes that are designed for beginners was too taxing for me, then I found a saturday moring program on the FIT TV channel. When they say 'beginners" they meant it. It's slow easy movements, a lot of deep breathing, stretching and extremely easy to follow, I sometimes get lost (mind fog) and can easily catch back up. I feel like the tai chi has helped me to listen to my body more.

Hope that helps.

Melissa

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I've been diagnosed with celiac a few months ago I thought that I had it for a while now it runs in the family.  I found out I had it a few months back when I ate chick fi a sandwich and had to go to the ER because I couldn't stop throwing up. They didn't know what it was and it took a few more months for anyone to take me seriously and find out what's wrong   Anyways I've gone gluten free now and I still have pains whenever I eat ANYTHING. It's cramping and burning and feels like my stomach is on fire.  I also have pains...below which I'm not sure what it is.  I ate a salad today, and now i'm in pain the salad had cheese, onion on it no dressing or any breading... Maybe I should stay away from cheese, I think it may be lactose and can't eat soy.   I ate some gluten free chex the other day with rice milk and ended up in pain.. I don't know maybe it's more than just celiac. I don't know if this is normal for people just going gluten free...maybe there was some hidden gluten in those foods. I don't know.   All i know is that this pain is hurting me and I'm tired. Thanks for reading...this is my first post.
    • I found my gas issues were caused by carbs, and sugars, something about how the bacteria in my gut changed and started making me gassy and extremely bloated when they got a hold of any thing more then a tbsp of grains, beans, fruit, or starch carbs. And no amount of medicine helped. Changed to 1/4 servings of those and mostly protein, fat diet. As for vitamin supplements I found I have to take B vitamin supplements 3 times a day to not go zombie mode. I personally found Liquid Vitamins Energy & Stress and the Nero-logic from them helps along with the occasional 1/2 bottle of 5 hour. As to carbonated water I avoided it when bloated cause it made me feel worse.
    • Butterbean, do go have a read of the dermatitis herpetiformis section.  See if anyone's story sound familiar to what you're experiencing.
    • Hi all. Well, it's been around twenty days since I've been taking Gas-X like meds (with simethicone), but no relief. Maybe I should drink bigger dose... Currently, I'm taking 80 mg four times per day.
      I'm so exhausted, both mentally and physically... Anyway, I have two questions:
      First, is it good or bad to drink mineral/carbonated water if you have severe trapped gas like me?
      Second: Is it possible to regain some physical strength/relieve fatigue with vitamin supplements? Thanks in advance.
    • I have had so many issues with my teeth--I keep getting decay and I have had filling after filling.  This past week, my dentist told me I may need a crown, which is pricey. I also have two missing teeth, which was a genetic thing that runs in my family. I am sick of hygienists telling me I am not doing enough brushing, flossing rinsing.  I do all three religiously (can't even imagine how bad my mouth would be if I didn't...)  Thankfully, last time I had my teeth cleaned, the hygienist said that my mouth was the cleanest one she had seen in years. And, she said, "something happened to your teeth developmentally." I explained how I had undiagnosed celiac disease many years. I am only 31... It is really disheartening.   What do you guys do to afford all this dental care?  My insurance doesn't cover a whole lot.  Thankfully, my dentist has felt bad and gives me discounts here and there.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    NickyW_UK